Author Topic: Reversing Camera retro fit.  (Read 2684 times)

Jon R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
Reversing Camera retro fit.
« on: April 12, 2021, 03:27:39 PM »
Hi Guys.
Wondered if it were possible to fit a reversing camera to my 2018 Jazz Sport, as it would have been nice to have one as an option. Jazz EX came with one as standard equipment, as you know.
Anyone know if the wiring harness in the Sport has necessary connections which would enable retro fit of the camera, and would I need another module connected in the loom in order to actuate usage on my infotainment screen?
Many thanks folks, any info appreciated!
Jon.

example as to a purchase of Jazz EX Camera:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-HONDA-JAZZ-MK4-5DR-REAR-VIEW-REVERSING-CAMERA-/224168783329
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:33:32 AM by Jon R »

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
Re: Reversing Camera retro fit.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:18:49 PM »
Did you find out by any chance?

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 06:56:11 PM »
used to have on on my 66 plate yaris, they are more trouble than they are worth, a novelty in everyday parking and when you really need it one rainy and wintery night it will be covered in dirt so you have to go out the car and clean it

Jon R

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »
Hi Guys.
Thanks for the reply's. I seem to have drawn a blank as to whether the wiring harness on the 1.5 Sport has necessary plug socket within the loom, that would accept a camera from an Jazz EX 2018/2019, possibly sourced from a breakers yard, and what, if any other mods would I need to make it work on my existing Sport Navi screen.
I know that the rear hatch would need modifying to accept the EX Camera, because the holes and rear trim differ.
Just curious as to whether any Honda mechanics out there, know if the electric harness and software within the 1.5 would allow it. I do understand that a reversing camera was an optional extra from new on some Jazz 1.5 Sports, but not in UK?
Yep monkeydave, if too much hassle, I will not even bother!
cheers,
Jon.

thehazzard

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:55:44 AM »
Hi Guys.
Thanks for the reply's. I seem to have drawn a blank as to whether the wiring harness on the 1.5 Sport has necessary plug socket within the loom, that would accept a camera from an Jazz EX 2018/2019, possibly sourced from a breakers yard, and what, if any other mods would I need to make it work on my existing Sport Navi screen.
I know that the rear hatch would need modifying to accept the EX Camera, because the holes and rear trim differ.
Just curious as to whether any Honda mechanics out there, know if the electric harness and software within the 1.5 would allow it. I do understand that a reversing camera was an optional extra from new on some Jazz 1.5 Sports, but not in UK?
Yep monkeydave, if too much hassle, I will not even bother!
cheers,
Jon.

I also agree if its too much hassle, then i won't bother, but im just planning on what needs to be done when i complete my trade of my EX Civic with a Jazz Sport. Since owning a car with a rear camera (both the Civic as well as the EX Jazz I had before) it's become some what reliant and more of a safe guarding more than anything. But like u said, im sure the rear trim on the Sport doesn't have the circular gap that allows for the reverse camera to slot into, but im also thinking if i will replace the stock headunit with an aftermarket Android one which can take a retro fitted aftermarket reverse camera. (but then again i wouldn't know if by selecting the reverse gear if it comes on automatically, or i'd have to select it on the headunit)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:12:05 AM by thehazzard »

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:20:24 AM »
Hi

I fitted an headunit to our 2014 jazz and has the reverse camera

The cable between headunit and camera should have a link cable as well, and if wired correctly, when reselecting reverse, auto changes screen to rear camera

We used the reverse lights to power the reverse camera so it was a single cable run between headunit and rear camera

Many thanks

John

thehazzard

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »
Hi

I fitted an headunit to our 2014 jazz and has the reverse camera

The cable between headunit and camera should have a link cable as well, and if wired correctly, when reselecting reverse, auto changes screen to rear camera

We used the reverse lights to power the reverse camera so it was a single cable run between headunit and rear camera

Many thanks

John

Which headunit did you fit may i ask?

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 12:54:25 PM »
Hi

It was a China unbranded and our jazz is the version before yours. So mk2 I believe or a mk3 but I think yours is the newer version to ours

I was just letting you know the wire you use to select reverse camera on screen automatically

Many thanks

John

Tags: