Author Topic: 2022 HR-V  (Read 9824 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: 2022 HR-V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 07:35:00 AM »
Unfortunately I had to rule out jazz/crosstar after driving on a motorway with velocities around 120km/h (limit 130km/h). Too much bothersome noise from the engine. And when comparing available parameters between HR-V and Jazz I'm afraid it'll be same with the bigger car. I run 1/3 of my driving on a motorway.

Would like to buy Honda but will have to turn to Toyota CH-R probably which has a stronger engine.
I'm surprised that engine noise is the issue at those speeds.  I would have thought wind and tyre noise would have been more prevalent.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:56:44 PM by ColinS »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:21 AM »
I have to agree. I have a MK1 Jazz but even at 80 mph the tyre and wind noise drowns out my engine. Once I am above 30 mph the engine is the least of my noise concerns.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
Under hard acceleration the engine can rev furiously with the CVT box but, in my Mk3, once you've achieved cruising speed, the revs drop right back (2500 ish at 70). This makes for a relaxed cruise and I agree that the main issue then is road and wind noise.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2021, 12:15:12 PM »
I see there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat on any of the models.  Will wait to see what it is like in the flesh but could be a deal breaker for me (or I should say, my wife).

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
I see there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat on any of the models.  Will wait to see what it is like in the flesh but could be a deal breaker for me (or I should say, my wife).
HR-V has height adjustable seats for both driver and passenger.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 10:12:05 PM »
Are you sure?  I have them on my model but I didn't think the latest one had a passenger seat height adjustment.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2021, 10:43:07 AM »
Are you sure?  I have them on my model but I didn't think the latest one had a passenger seat height adjustment.
Hmmm, not positive so have emailed Honda (UK) and asked them. Not too confident they'll know however.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2021, 03:10:43 PM »
Hmmm, not positive so have emailed Honda (UK) and asked them. Not too confident they'll know however.

Answer from Honda - new HR-V does NOT have passenger seat height adjustment.  That is a real disappointment and could well be a deal breaker for me as my wife needs an elevated seating position because of back problem. HR-V must be the only mid size crossover without passenger seat height adjustment. For the life of me I can’t understand why it is not included.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
Expatman,
Don't panic about your wife and the passenger seat. When I sat in the open evening HR-V I put the driver's seat right up to the top and it was higher than my Karoq seat.
I obviously have no idea about how tall your wife is, but the chances are that the passenger seat, which presumably will be set around mid way to the driver's, would be plenty high enough for 6ft me with a very bad back.
So don't rule it out 'til she's had the chance to try it.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »
Thanks for your personal experience, we will wait till we try the seat on a demonstrator.
£30,000 for a car without passenger seat height adjustment is a bit rich though!!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 05:58:17 PM »
Yep, I'm holding out to see it for real also. Have my concerns about the practicality of the boot and the size of the opening. I'm sure it will all be fine but would rather wait and see. I am in no hurry.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 06:41:00 PM »
Like you I'm in no hurry, present car is Skoda Yeti SEL DSG bought in Spring 2017 to replace a 2012 Yeti. Yeti's a great car but Karoq a bit too big and Kamiq seating is too low - hence our looking at the HR-V. I like Honda's from past experience.
I will wait to try an HR-V on a long test drive

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2021, 02:12:59 PM »
To reply to both of you...........
The size of the boot opening is pretty big (can be seen on nearly every video review on YouTube Size depends on what you want to carry.  I think it will take a 26Kg Lurcher if it's dogs you are thinking of. Claimed 335L.
Seat height.......
Fully up the driver's seat is slightly higher than that of my Karoq.

The HR-V is very nearly as long as the Karoq. The overall sizes are comparable.
HONDA HR-V e:HEV
Length (mm)   4340 mm
Width (mm)   1790 mm
Overall Width (mm) with Door Mirror Folded   1866 mm
Width including Door Mirror   2028 mm
Height - Unladen (mm)   1582 mm
SKODA KAROQ
Length 4382 mm
Width  1,841 mm1
Height 1,607 mm
Hope this all helps.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »
According to press boot volume is 319 litres, that is not much bigger than the Crosstar at 309 litres and smaller than most of its competitors. However, real test is how many carry -on size bags fit in and how much space left over for soft bags etc. Shape is as important as size in reality.
Thanks for info on length compared with Karoq, really not much shorter so will have to wait and see the HR-V in the metal and see how it looks. I thought a Hybrid would be a good half way move before going full EV, not convinced of charging structure and practicality of long journeys to remoter areas of the west country.
Height of passenger seat could be make or break!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2021, 04:30:17 AM »
Boot space will likely suffer when you're carrying a fuel tank and battery pack. I suspect a fair amount of competition sizes are not comparing apples with apples ?
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything