Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
But not that much effort to advertise the stuff jn the uk as long they make it clear delivery will be from Asia.  They could administer it all from Japan or wherever.  It would stimulate extra interest in the brand
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: RDMS and winter
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 03:48:17 PM »
In answer to myself.. 18mph, (30 km/) is the RDMS threshold for detecting oncoming vehicles.
Honda sales are so small relatively in UK it probably just isnít worth the effort to market the items here.
 The extra engine braking (and extra charging) in B mode comes from increasing the strength of the electromagnets in the charging system. The engine braking effect is caused by drag from magnetic force.The car is being slowed  by powerful magnets!

Its not likely to cause much, if any, extra wear and tear.   

When the HV battery is full the electromagnets need to be switched off to prevent overcharging.   I think the I,C,E engine takes over the engine braking by compression like a conventional car. You are being slowed by compressed air. (maybe a bit less than normal as the Atkinson cycle has a shorter compression stroke than an Otto cycle engine )
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 03:37:46 PM »
Am I correct to say that RDMS stops working below a certain speed? When I am facing oncoming traffic in a road narrow enough to worry about a collision I will be doing less than 20mph and be ready to stop. If the other car hits mine I will say, "I was stationary at the time"
Hello,
yes you're right, it's a real shame, I didn't know they existed,
now I have looked at the Japanese catalog and actually I am surprised that in Europe it is not available, also because there is a problem possibly with customs if these things are only found in Japan
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 03:12:46 PM »
Like Sportse, I can confirm it does happen, but mainly when you need to pull in close to the verge to pass another vehicle.
I also now disable RDMS every trip, as I consider it to be a dangerous function and certainly get a wake up call when I sometimes forget. :o
« Last post by sportse on Today at 02:55:05 PM »
[quote author=shufty link=topic=13858.msg109445#msg109445
The Problem with RDMS is that at any moment on a country road it could pull the steering and send you head on into oncoming traffic.
I find this very hard to believe. I have had mine for 16 months and approaching 5k miles. I have not experienced anything like that. Yes it can vibrate the wheel and sometimes it seems a bit premature but steering into oncoming traffic, no. I have noticed that the vibration happens a lot less now than when I first had the car. So maybe my driving has improved .
From your statement above shouldn't you be reporting this to Honda, NCAP and the DVSA.
As itís an optional system you switch on they are unlikely to do anything unfortunately- I took the car back to the dealer and they plugged it in and said all was working as it should.

I disable RDMS before every drive, never use LKAS and only use ACC on a clear road and disable before it does anything unwanted.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Mileage at first service?
« Last post by sportse on Today at 02:51:46 PM »
My dealer told me 12500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first , but you are allowed to go up to a 1000 miles over on mileage ,or book in for service  a month early or late without affecting the warranty. 

He also said that due to complaints  about early service reminders  the system had been disabled on my car and I would be reminded by their service department.     I think he said it is now Honda policy to disable this by default.  .   There is a tick box printed in the  service book  which shows whether or not the system is disabled on that particular car.  (next to the pre delivery dealers stamp)

My only concern is whether the system will still warn me if the oil level is getting low (not just  the oil pressure warning light ! ) Of course I can use the dipstick  but the handbook says oil consumption can be up to 1 litre per 1000km (625 miles)  I have been known to do that in a day.  (To be fair my Toyota Yaris handbook quoted the same oil consumption but never used much oil.)

The oil is not available everywhere.  Should I buy a litre, or  a 4 -5 litre container?
I was able to get a top up 1 litre bottle from the dealer.

After 4000 miles, the oil is still at the top of the dipstick so it hasnít used any.

Itís very difficult to read the oil level though , particularly when the oil is new and clear as it doesnít really show well on the plastic measuring part of the dipstick.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mileage at first service?
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 02:36:47 PM »
Exactly the same issue on the Civic and dealers mostly didn't activate it.

I'm sure if it does start to nag before the due date or mileage you can reset it.

Mine will be one year as I'm very low mileage now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10