Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Heater
« Last post by ahavoja on Today at 12:13:50 AM »
The air conditioning is quick to start blowing cold air as it's electric. However the heater is not electric and it doesn't have an electric heating element in it. Instead, it produces the heat by running the gasoline engine. In winter when it was freezing weather and snow outside, I'd guess it took about 2 miles of driving until it started blowing warm air. Even in cold weather it does blow quite warm air, around 40 C. Once I drove a long trip at -30 C in winter, and Jazz kept the cabin nice and warm, so I could only wear a T-shirt. However to keep the cabin warm in such a cold weather, it was blowing warm air into the cabin with almost the maximum speed (6 out of 7), so it was quite loud. I had the climate control in "Auto" mode.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Jazz Heater
« Last post by ninanina on May 10, 2024, 11:52:52 PM »
How good is the heater in the Jazz?

When I test drove the Jazz today it was hot and sunny so had the air conditioning on so I didn’t check the heater out

Does it get quite warm/hot and how much time does it take to get there?

Seems a silly question to ask with this warm weather we are getting at the moment but I really feel the cold in the winter ;)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: N/S retractable door mirror.
« Last post by ahavoja on May 10, 2024, 11:36:57 PM »
For example this thread https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16655

But strange that it works better when it's cold. Maybe some plastic gears get softer when it's warm and start to flex and skip inside the mechanism. Or maybe a warm 12 V battery gives more power to the mirror motor, making it run faster, that then causes problems.
On this thread it looks like others have had some mirror noise problems as well.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16655

Use the warranty while you still can.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Low compression GE6
« Last post by AlekJazz on May 10, 2024, 10:42:14 PM »
I need opinion what should i do with my new family car jazz with only 136k km. I bought the car from with overheating problem (mixing oil and water), so i took the car to mechanic to change the gasket and to skim the head from the engine. After removing the head, mechanic told me it I should change the chain to, so i did buy new one.  When he took out the head from the engine he told me pistone bore look good(no marks) and also he took out the oil pan to clean it, and check for any damage(all look fine)  After 2000 km i took the car back to mechanic, to adjust valve, and he decide to check compression, and hereare the results :
1: 9.5 bar
2:8 bar
3: 8 bar
4: 8.2 bar.
The car level is ok, no oil consumption, car is slugish on acceleration, and it took 2-3 second to start the engine.
Can anyone sugest what to do next? I really like the car, I want to keep it.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Corroded caliper piston
« Last post by monkey64 on May 10, 2024, 07:04:09 PM »
Hi,

My 2009 Jazz failed the MOT because the nearside rear wheel was binding.  Quoted me upto £469 to replace rear pads and the caliper if they couldn't free it up.  I don't have a spare £400 right now so I took it away with the view of fixing it myself.  I stripped the caliper down and found the piston is quite pitted (see photo).  I could clean it up but I think it would leak.  BTW: The car has done 110k and these are the original calipers.

My options:

1. Replace the whole caliper (should I replace the pair?).  I can't stretch to a new HEW honda one so I'd be looking at eBay/budget.  Has anyone had any experiences with eBay/budget calipers?  I don't want a whole load more problems :)

2. Buy a caliper service kit and rebuild it myself.  Problem sure is that I can't be sure that the bore of the caliper is in good shape.  The piston was quite corroded.

I'm not sure which way to go really.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on May 10, 2024, 05:37:46 PM »
Well the replacement wiring loom has arrived at long last … yipee… ! Meanwhile the replacement suspension drop links are on order as well as a replacement air conditioning condenser which has a leak …warrantry dept keeping busy …. Luckily im enjoying the kia hybrid driving provide by thrifty renta car from honda …🤨😆
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Spodric on May 10, 2024, 05:29:13 PM »
Off topic I know, our a/c packed up, apparently it's a leak at the condenser, Honda build quality isn't what it was.
I had the same thing on my Crosstar last summer, replaced under warranty but it took several months to get the part.
Same happened to my Jazz last summer. Took over two months for the replacement condenser to arrive so we endured the hottest part of the summer without airccon. This is my seventh Honda and definitely the most unreliable. I will be trading it in for a Kia very soon.

This troublesome Mk4 Jazz is my 5th Honda. I've had 2 motorbikes in my younger days, an early Civic and now my 2nd Jazz. I've just about had it with Honda because the quality has dropped. The passenger side mirror needed replacing, the "brake simulator" failed, and now it looks like the driver's seat side bolster is cracking and about to split. Fingers crossed that the other 3 known common faults won't happen to my Jazz to complete the set. No prizes for a full house! After-sales customer support is proving to be woeful and instransigent. No refund of car hire charges, so far. I am still livid and increasingly disappointed as well.

I had less go wrong with a V6 CDX Auto Vectra B that I bought used and enjoyed for more than 10 years for personal and business use. Such an unexpectedly reliable, fast, economical and comfy car to own and drive even on long journeys with 4 passengers and a boot full of luggage. I know Jeremy Clarkson hated them but he isn't always right.

I don't know much about Kias and have never owned one (yet). Toyota still seems another good alternative to Honda and has a strong reputation for its hybrids. Food for thought.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Kenneve on May 10, 2024, 04:55:25 PM »
The poll means that there are at least 267 members owning a MK4 Jazz  :D

I've had Honda Jazz cars since 2010, the current car is No6 and my second Mk4, a 2023 Advance.
No problems of any sort with any of them ;D ;D

Totally different cars though, with totally different drive trains. The latter only a year old, so I hope you can say it still performs as well as the Mks that went before it as the years roll by.

I accept what you say, my first Jazz was an I-shift, which nearly put me the Jazz for life, however the others up to the Mk 4 were all CVT’s, which perhaps I didn’t keep long enough,  to run into the oil change issues. The first Mk4 was a 2021 plate which covered about 15k miles, with no issues. For me, I consider the current drive train/performance to be the best yet. ;D ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Drivers side mirror gives up the ghost now!
« Last post by CutieJazzy on May 10, 2024, 04:48:24 PM »
Gosh now this is making me think if I need to get an extended warranty.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10