Author Topic: Does a replacement radio need coding?  (Read 707 times)

JazzyJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX
Does a replacement radio need coding?
« on: October 07, 2019, 09:59:09 PM »
My radio in my 2006 Sport has died. I've found a few on eBay from breaking yards but will these just 'plug and play' or would they need to be coded into my particular car? Any help much appreciated.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Does a replacement radio need coding?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
Mk 1 radios do not have codes. Is it just the radio that has failed? Mine has as well, and I bought the regulator it needs to repair it, but unless I need to remove the radio for some reason I won't bother fitting it. I just make do with the CD or mp3 player.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BA08CC0WFP-E2-Honda-Jazz-Clubjazz-radio-repair-IC502-spare-part-BA08CC0WFP/183815836226?hash=item2acc471242:g:Ja4AAOSw5V5aeEa6
Anyone competent with a soldering iron can fit it.

JazzyJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX
Re: Does a replacement radio need coding?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
No audio output from any source but all other functions operate (although not much use if you can't hear them!). Strangely you can hear the bleep when the volume control is turned to zero and up again from the front two speakers so not quite sure where this is generated. Today I ordered a whole used unit from Ebay for £30.00 after the well documented tug of war getting the old unit out. It arrives tomorrow so hopefully all will come good......

Tags: