Author Topic: Honda JAZZ 2005 Rear Door Rubber Seal Removal & Rust repair...  (Read 1746 times)

Gordon_Bennett

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and just bought a Honda JAZZ 2005 at an auction, and i must say i love the car! :D

Anyway, the only problem i have with it is some rust on the top part of the rear door frame, (see pic) my question is:

Is it easy to remove the door rubber seal and replace it?

Because I'm going to do the rust repair myself.

THANKS for any help in advance.

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Re: Honda JAZZ 2005 Rear Door Rubber Seal Removal & Rust repair...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:48 PM »
Hi
Given the small amount of rust I would just lift the top rubber up and it will pull away easily. I wouldn't be tempted to remove the rubber from all the door, given the age of the rubber you may well find it rips.  I would just cover the top piece of rubber that you have pulled off in paper/ masking tape and wedge it out of the way to enable you to deal with the rust/ paint job.

Regards
Ben

Gordon_Bennett

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 12:05:49 PM »
@Ben

thanks mate!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 09:17:15 AM »
There's a spot welded seam at the top of the door, if the rust is well into that you may have problems effecting a permanent repair. If it's just surface rust, then cleaning the surface rust, treat with one of the phosphoric acid treatments (Kurust, etc.), a smear of filler and repainting should do the trick.

If it is bad once you start poking, I would seriously consider a good replacement secondhand door in colour, before you start shelling out for rust treatment, paint, etc..

Gordon_Bennett

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 12:20:39 PM »
I did the job, it was a piece of cake to get the rubber seal off, ;D if you have ever changed your home DG window units with seal removel, then this job was as easy!

also not rusted to bad, it seems like there is rain water getting through part of the rubber seal, so will have to look into that...

Tags:

anything