Author Topic: Jazz 2019 EX CVT automatically lock the doors  (Read 5776 times)

Ice_machinE

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 EX eHEV
Jazz 2019 EX CVT automatically lock the doors
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »
Hello,
Is there a way to get the doors to get automatically locked when the car starts moving?
I couldn't find any settings for that.
Thanks.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Jazz 2019 EX CVT automatically lock the doors
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »
No. I suspect the Honda designers have never had the need to lock the bad guys out.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest7494

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:06:46 AM »
I have just come across this https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-241081.html#_106_2780_46.241082

I came across this link last year and posted it on Clubjazz for anyone to try the options if reqd have not used it myself but Hey Ho whats to lose.
Good Luck

Will be interested in any feed back.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 11:42:57 AM »
No. I suspect the Honda designers have never had the need to lock the bad guys out.

Two things that Honda lack on central locking, opening the drivers door only on first fob press, then open the rest on second press ( don't know about keyless entry ) - this is a great security feature that most other makers fit. Also locking doors when car is moving.  For a fairly expensive car it seems like terrible oversight.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 01:56:21 PM »
Also locking doors when car is moving.  For a fairly expensive car it seems like terrible oversight.
I have a button on my door that allows me to do that, but never use it. Many people find the idea of being locked in a moving car horrendous, my wife included.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 04:16:33 PM »
Also locking doors when car is moving.  For a fairly expensive car it seems like terrible oversight.
I have a button on my door that allows me to do that, but never use it. Many people find the idea of being locked in a moving car horrendous, my wife included.
I tend to agree with your wife.  It is unlikely, in my opinion, that someone will open your door while the car is moving.  More likely that they will do it while you are stopped.  And if I understand it correctly, that is when the automatic ones are unlocked!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »
I tend to agree with your wife.  It is unlikely, in my opinion, that someone will open your door while the car is moving.  More likely that they will do it while you are stopped.  And if I understand it correctly, that is when the automatic ones are unlocked!

The doors lock when the car first exceeds the set speed ( and do not unlock when the vehicle goes below that speed ) and can be unlocked by driver opening their door from inside car.  They also have crash sensors to unlock doors in case of an accident.  We may not have a problem in rural UK yet but car occupants still maybe at risk in cities.  I have been to a few places for business where kidnapping was rife and this is why doors lock automatically.  Women are particularly at risk of collecting an unwelcome passenger(s) when driving alone.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ice_machinE

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »

The doors lock when the car first exceeds the set speed ( and do not unlock when the vehicle goes below that speed ) and can be unlocked by driver opening their door from inside car.  They also have crash sensors to unlock doors in case of an accident.  We may not have a problem in rural UK yet but car occupants still maybe at risk in cities.  I have been to a few places for business where kidnapping was rife and this is why doors lock automatically.  Women are particularly at risk of collecting an unwelcome passenger(s) when driving alone.

Thanks for the answer, where do I set this "set speed"? and if it's not something that the user can set, I can tell you that it's not automatically locking even when driving on the motorway at 70 mph.

Ice_machinE

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 07:51:42 PM »
I have just come across this https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-241081.html#_106_2780_46.241082

I came across this link last year and posted it on Clubjazz for anyone to try the options if reqd have not used it myself but Hey Ho whats to lose.
Good Luck

Will be interested in any feed back.
Thanks, I came across this too, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »

In some other cars I've been in with automatic door locks (Kia for example), the doors don't unlock automatically until the driver turns the ignition off.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 11:56:05 AM »

In some other cars I've been in with automatic door locks (Kia for example), the doors don't unlock automatically until the driver turns the ignition off.

Many unlock other doors if driver opens their door from inside the car as well..

guest4977

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
The first thing I do when I get in the car is lock the doors (manually) before starting the engine.  My partner's Merc does not lock (automatically) until it reaches a certain speed.  :o too late in my book.  Love my Honda Jazz  ;D

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
The first thing I do when I get in the car is lock the doors (manually) before starting the engine.  My partner's Merc does not lock (automatically) until it reaches a certain speed.  :o too late in my book.  Love my Honda Jazz  ;D
I am so glad that I live in rural Dorset :)

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
Has anyone managed to successfully complete the automatically locking doors programming? I've been following the instructions in this link but hasn't worked. over 10 times i have tried. I must be doing something wrong.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownersmanual/webom/eng/jazz/2016/details/106278046-241081#_106_2780_46.241082 

Anyone been successful? able to share a video of a walkthrough in case I am following the instructions wrongly?

I have a 2017 EX model.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 02:24:36 PM »
Be aware that these instructions are for cars sold in India.

Tags: