Author Topic: Number to call for Hondacare Breakdown & Accident Service for Mk 4 Jazz e:HEV  (Read 1595 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
I recently contacted Honda customer service via the web site to ask about the correct number to call for Hondacare Breakdown & Accident Service for Mk 4 Jazz e:HEV; the final email response I received is shown below

Thank you again for contacting Honda (UK) regarding the number for Hondacare Breakdown Service.

The number to use for when the App is not available is +44 (0) 2079 493 185 for Breakdowns and Accidents.

We apologise if this is not made clear on the website.

I called the number and it is answered by Hondacare Assistance with menu options for Breakdown Assistance & for Accident Assistance.

Before I contacted Honda I called the dealer that sold me the car they told me to use the 0800 521 728 so it seems is not just customers who are confused! Honda have not updated the web site though!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:25:59 PM by csp »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
The 0800 number is a free number, could it be that Honda want you to pay for the call?
0207 is I believe London city centre.

guest4871

My thoughts too!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Start at post #5 :

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=13627.0

We had a lengthy thread about this
Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
The number to use for when the App is not available is +44 (0) 2079 493 185 for Breakdowns and Accidents.

That's one of the worst manglings of a London number I've ever seen.

Correctly written it's (020) 7949 3185 or +44 20 7959 3185.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.123

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_telephone_code_misconceptions

PS. What is now (020) 7xxx xxxx was briefly for central London (in the 071/0171 days) but that doesn't necessarily apply nowadays.

BestwoodRoadie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 Hybrid EX
I recently contacted Honda customer service via the web site to ask about the correct number to call for Hondacare Breakdown & Accident Service for Mk 4 Jazz e:HEV; the final email response I received is shown below

Thank you again for contacting Honda (UK) regarding the number for Hondacare Breakdown Service.

We apologise if this is not made clear on the website.

I called the number and it is answered by Hondacare Assistance with menu options for Breakdown Assistance & for Accident Assistance.

Before I contacted Honda I called the dealer that sold me the car they told me to use the 0800 521 728 so it seems is not just customers who are confused! Honda have not updated the web site though!

I have a tale reference Honda recovery/breakdown, : purchased my new ex July 21, a week after it would not start = Honda breakdown /recovery, 2 weeks later ....same thing, battery flat = Honda breakdown, I took it to the dealers & insisted they put in a new battery, Vertu Honda obliged.
Early September we travelled to the Isle of Bute, calling in to see relatives  at Dewsbury on the way, we had a near side front blow out, this was at midnight = Honda breakdown, had to stay with relatives in order to get a new tyre fitted. In the morning had to take the car to Castleford, the only tyre fitters that had one in stock = Honda break down.
As you may see it is quite a lot of recovery for a new car, the  Honda breakdown number I struggled to find!!!!, this service is operated by the AA & they then farm it out to local contractors, I may add that it is a very laborious procedure ringing the number 0800 521728 , we were stranded in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere.

I thought the AA would be spot on but .... as I said it is a laborious process.

All good though since those mishaps, love the car, a comfortable drive & ride.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
The 0800 521 728 number is answered by the AA but the 0207 number is answered by Honda Assistance.

nowster

• Approved Member
The 0800 521 728 number is answered by the AA but the 0207 number is answered by Honda Assistance.
You mean the 020 number, surely?  ;D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
As opposed to 080 then :)

It's like a lot of other things. I got used to area codes being 4 digits, 0207, 0208, 0161, 0151, etc so it goes against the grain to shorten it to 020 or whatever.

I live in London and the first 4 digits are/were inner or outer London, the next 3 digits are/were the exchange, and the final 4 were your unique number.

It's difficult to break the habit. I still do DIY in feet and inches.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:04:26 AM by Kremmen »

nowster

• Approved Member
As opposed to 080 then :)

It's like a lot of other things. I got used to area codes being 4 digits, 0207, 0208, 0161, 0151, etc so it goes against the grain to shorten it to 020 or whatever.

STD codes have always been variable length. London 01. Director exchanges: 021, 031, 041, 051, 061. Other areas 0223, 0595, 0706. Some were even longer, even up to seven digits for some tiny exchanges.

Even now the majority of area codes are five digits: 01223, 01595, 01706.

Northern Ireland has a single area code of 028, and eight digit "local" dialling throughout.

080 is not an area code. There is no local calling, and yes, that number group is 080 nowadays.

This is all moot for users of mobile phones for whom there is no such thing as a local call.

The rule is that 02x numbers have 8 digit local dialling, 01x1 numbers have 7 digit local dialling and 01xxx numbers have 6 digit local dialling. 03, 05 and 07 numbers are virtual and don't have local dialling. The 08x group has variable charging based on the X (0=free). Let's gloss over the 09 group.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
Re: Number to call for Hondacare Breakdown & Accident Service for Mk 4 Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »
My 080 reference was a failed attempt to shorten 0800 to it's first 3 digits to add some humour  :)

nowster

• Approved Member
Re: Number to call for Hondacare Breakdown & Accident Service for Mk 4 Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 11:17:02 AM »
My 080 reference was a failed attempt to shorten 0800 to it's first 3 digits to add some humour  :)
The thing is, you're right. 0800 and 0808 are currently in use but 0801 up to 0809 are possible. How they're grouped is actually not important. There have been 08000 in the past (which has been confused for 0800).

Incidentally, 496 is the UK's equivalent of 555.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/information-for-industry/numbering/numbers-for-drama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_United_Kingdom#Fictitious_numbers

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 12:16:20 PM »
Sorry to appear ignorant on all this but I had thought the Emergency Call facility (buttons near the interior light) connected you to some form of assistance, so no phone necessary. Or do these only work in a pretty catastrophic accident?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 01:15:22 PM »
The ecall button on the ceiling I think is only for a European equivalent of 999 via a Honda call centre.

If you have had an accident and are trapped in the car and it hasn't automatically called them, then you can remove the safety guard and press the button yourself.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 01:27:19 PM »
The ecall button on the ceiling I think is only for a European equivalent of 999 via a Honda call centre.

If you have had an accident and are trapped in the car and it hasn't automatically called them, then you can remove the safety guard and press the button yourself.

Its direct to the emergency services, there is no Honda call centre, same as calling 112 (same as 999 in UK)
Following airbag deployment, it connects, once its connected, only the call centre can end the call.
It also passes data to the call centre about your vehicle, its position and direction of travel.

You can use it manual, but as mentioned it is like calling 999

Its a 112 base system:
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/security-and-emergencies/emergency-assistance-vehicles-ecall/index_en.htm#shortcut-0
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:30:08 PM by Steve_M »

Tags:

anything