Author Topic: changing cvt oil  (Read 7114 times)

guest4913

changing cvt oil
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
hiya guys
              From all the info I've been reading...do i drain n change the gearbox oil twice..cause it's that old chestnut The judder from pull away..I've replaced the ATF III stuff with CVT-F ..but still judders a small amount.
Honda done the flush thing free of charge but juddering came back after 5 months.
Can anyone help me on the correct procedure please.

DrShockr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 CVT in Bright Blue!
Re: changing cvt oil
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »
There's a DIY procedure write-up I did a while back in the main CVT judder thread. Its on page 7 at this link:

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=94.75

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »
Honda will repair CVT gearboxes up to seven years old at no cost to the owner, so take it back to them (if it is less than seven years) and see what they say. I don't know if there are any terms and conditions relating to this.

guest4913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
hey guys
               pine..my jazz is 2005 I-DSI 1.4 sport,Honda say I'm out of warranty ho hum but thanks so much for helping.

Drshokr  thx for link ..will do that..but today i can only do the box clear you motioned as i dont get my workshop manual & 5Lr Honda cvt-f tomorrow..but will try the driven rest thing Tonite when its quiet.

guest4913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 06:51:16 PM »
hey hey
            i did the"stall test"but but messed sequence..i done  it twice without 2min idol..man really worked good.
reduced it right down..no juddering pulling out of a junction..it was bad bad before.Must say it seems as if it has moved
up the power band a bit .So now...on the path of fault ...ahhhh...some satisfaction.cvt drain out tomorrow .

DrShockr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 CVT in Bright Blue!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »
I'm glad it worked! Had a night and day difference on mine as well. Make sure to get the CVT-F drained out and replaced as soon as possible, as leaving the dirty oil in there will only clog up the clutch surfaces again and the juddering will return.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:44 PM »
34k old oil, looks like Woods Navy Rum...
DSCF7483 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Fresh CVT-F, looks like Tizer...
DSCF7489 by macplaxton, on Flickr

;D

guest4913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:25:28 PM »
hey guys
my stuff didnt turn up today ..but yea  doc that stuff history, not driven it today cleaned n wash  tho.
yea eddie my old  oil atf-z1-III worse than yours it was proper dark brown...ive a 4ltr cvt like in your pic.
will let you guys no ASAP.

guest4913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Its done.. judder gone guys ,the old stuff was real blackish brown it was only in there a week or so ,,but only drove the three times,,loads of gunk on the drain plug to.got better mpg & so nice to drive.. so now its time 4 valve clearances get my mpg back up.
   Thanks drshokr ..and you pine.

Tags: