Author Topic: Hybrid Jazz 1.3: what oil & oil filter would you buy without spending a fortune?  (Read 2978 times)

Bonobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Time to change the motor oil. I do not like the idea of paying too much to a dealer yet I do not want low quality motor oil or oil filter.
So what oil and filter brands should I get to get nice quality without spending a fortune?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Head to euro carparts they will have all you need

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Euro Car Parts or any good motor factor. I use Comma X-Tech 5W-30 fully synthetic motor oil and an H&B oil filter. Both purchased from TMS, here in Kirkcaldy.

stu1690

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz 1.4l
As above i use Euro Car Parts in Kirkcaldy.

I usually order online and collect in store so to use the many discount codes they have on every week. there is a decent  Easter discount on at the moment, up to 80% off.

I personally believe most oils are all the same. As long as you use the correct grade of oil and it's fully synthetic then there is no need to buy really expensive oil. I have used Shell Helix Ultra oil for my Civic Type R and Jazz for years and had no problems with it. Shell recommends Helix Ultra Professional AF 5W-30.

I believe the Jazz Hybrid uses 5w30 oil which i just used last week in my 1.4l jazz. I used a bosch oil filter and bought both from Euro Car Parts. For both at the moment it's around £29 for both at ECP.
https://www.eurocarparts.com/basket
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:00:51 PM by stu1690 »

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
I always buy manufacturers oil filters, and big name correct specification oils for modern car engines and transmissions. You can often find reasonable deals on the internet from franchised dealers.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
I buy what I can get cheap as long as it's the correct spec and a brand you can rely on. Last year I had Elf oil (£20) and a blue print oil filter, blue print is owned by Bilstein I think, This year I took a punt on CEPSA oil, I'd never heard of them but turns out they're a major Spanish oil producer, (was £13.50 on Amazon, now about £35 and not in stock) and I used a Fram filter. Both combinations worked fine, it runs smooth and quiet, both oils were 5w30 A5 spec, you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference between them.

Bonobo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
You can often find reasonable deals on the internet from franchised dealers.
I have been told a story by one garage owner. He has been approached by someone buying empty branded oil cans. Since then I am a bit shy about cheap online deals...

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Try opie oils ,enter your Jazz reg and you have a choice, personally I would buy blue coloured Honda oil filters from the dealer and get a 4l of quality oil from local motor factor.

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Try opie oils ,enter your Jazz reg and you have a choice, personally I would buy blue coloured Honda oil filters from the dealer and get a 4l of quality oil from local motor factor.

Another vote for Opie Oils.....been using them for all my cars and motorbikes for years.

Steve

culzean

• Approved Member
Opie are good, got cabin filters, engine air filters and oil filters for civic and jazz mk2, for just over £60.   I tried eurocarparts first but they were quite expensive compared to Opie. I got a mixture of Mahle, Bosch and Denso filters. Free shipping by Fedex for orders over £50 from Opie.  They even do motorbike stuff, got my wet clutch friendly Castrol fully synth 10W40 and filter from them, have bought spark plugs from them in the past.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

milkfloat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
I usually use cooper/fram or mann filters. The Honda OE filters are not that expensive providing the dealer does nto charge you the list price.

Tags: