Author Topic: 2018 Jazz - Paint flaking away around filler cap - anyone else had this issue?  (Read 1077 times)

EY11

• Registered Member
Afternoon all,

Just cleaned the car and on opening the filler cap to clean inside noticed that there is a small area where the paint is starting to flake away, has anyone else had this issue?

Car still has 6 months Honda approved used guarantee on it and the bodywork warranty so will be getting in touch with Honda on Monday but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and if Honda acknowledged and rectified it?

Regards

Simon

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
I had paintwork repaired on a Jazz while under a used car warranty without question.

Vic.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
not had that but i have the yellow stuff you have, i think it is body sealer and the paint seems to be thin in this area as i have rubbed through a couple of places when cleaning it

it looks like a bit of petrol might have spilled on that area of yours

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
Think yourself lucky, they didn’t bother painting behind the filler flap, or under the bonnet in ours.

stuartbooth

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 100
My 2017 Jazz EX paintwork has started to flake around the rear light fitting / bumper. Area about 3" square.
 I think there may have been a slight contact, (supermarket trolley ??) but can't understand why the spread. The Paint isn't actually broken, but it is clearly visible. Anyone know if this is a known problem, Tia Stuart.

stuartbooth

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 100
Means a £200 partial re-spray !!!

Tags:

anything