Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: scraping noise
« Last post by Roman on Today at 06:54:26 PM »
This sound came also in ACC mode when car in Neutral and someone wo not want to power on car to moove it for 1 meter pushing  car by hands  :D
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:40:05 PM »
Britannia Rescue have reported EV vehicles have far more wheel and tyre problems than conventional vehicles.
This is another example of worthless statistics. They say that more than twice as many call-outs to EVs are for wheel and tyre issues as for ICE cars. However, if EVs are more than twice as mechanically reliable as ICE vehicles then it stands to reason that wheels and tyres would play a bigger part in the EV percentage. I am not saying they are not harder on tyres but the statistics published are just gobbledygook.
If of 1,000 EV cars they were called out to 360 had tyre problems that is 36%. However, if they were called out to 2500 ICE cars, and 400 had tyre problems then that is 16% of ICE cars. You could say that apart from more or less equal tyre issues EVs are 3.28 times more reliable than ICE cars! Worthless statistics.
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Check tyre pressures
« Last post by Roman on Today at 06:39:19 PM »
Aaa, not read this post sorry, actually I use similar one from Xiaomi (now need batteries replacement)
and bezior portable https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bezior-Portable-Compressor-Inflator-Motorcycles/dp/B091BY73DZ
Only 2 problems with them - acumulators not last forever (they have lithium ion 18650 connected in series without balancing them, so after some time of use them get unbalanced so when one fully charged or overcharged second one still not have enough charge) and they slow in comparison with 12v compressors.
I using them without quick connector, only need to press compressor tube agains tyre air valve when unscrew to reduce pressure loss.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 06:14:03 PM »
I had a screw on one many years ago and it was fine, but it broke.

I then bought a Michelin one about 7 or 8 years ago and I just couldn't remove it without losing loads of air.

Hopefully the Ring one is OK.

I have had a Michelin dual barrel footpump with screw on adaptor for many years now and it is fine, and the pressure gauge a decent size and pretty much spot-on with my Race-X gauge

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VZ8S26/
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: ACC update
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 06:13:12 PM »
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 06:03:15 PM »
But we have compressor supplied with car, this one we  that have can be used without puncture repair bootle as regular compressor, pretty silent, fast and with accurate pressure meter.

Yes, quite right, so I could have used it. But see the second paragraph of my post. Guilty of a senior moment. Going forward, I prefer to have a cordless solution.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 Jazz Reliability
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 05:53:12 PM »
As for the reliability of the Mk4 Jazz: I will probably respond in 4, 5, maybe 6 years. Hopefully even much, much later.  :-*
« Last post by Roman on Today at 05:34:46 PM »
Checked mine last weekend prior to a long-ish trip. All were down a few psi so got out the trusty footpump. Halfway through inflating one tyre, the fitting connecting the hose to the pump broke leaving air p*ssing out of the hose. I'd lost  a sizable chunk of the air in the tyre before I got it all disconnected. Grrr! With no footpump to top it up, I drove very gingerly to the nearest garage air line. Replacement inflator now on order (rechargeable electric one to take the effort out of it).

Only now, recounting the tale, do I remember the electric inflator that's still in the original packaging in the boot of the car!
But we have compressor supplied with car, this one we  that have can be used without puncture repair bootle as regular compressor, pretty silent, fast and with accurate pressure meter.
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:58:40 PM »
I had a screw on one many years ago and it was fine, but it broke.

I then bought a Michelin one about 7 or 8 years ago and I just couldn't remove it without losing loads of air.

Hopefully the Ring one is OK.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 03:28:51 PM »
Very similar.

The only reason I'd be put off is the screw on terminal. I've had screw on before and lost quite a bit of pressure, loads of hissing, as they don't come off quickly.

If you pull the hose gently away from the valve when screwing the connector on and off it means that you actually lose less air than the connectors with the lever on them.  By pulling the hose it means you delay the pip in the connector hitting the stem of the valve and releasing air until the connector is pretty much screwed fully on, and likewise it means that when unscrewing the connector the pip leaves the valve stem almost as soon as you start to slacken the connector.. I have done this for years with very little loss of air.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10