Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Passenger seat height - parts info
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 07:59:49 AM »
I would imagine that any car motability centre would be able to help you with what you wanting to do in raising the seat. Must be worth looking into.

Excellent idea, for some. those that can should evaluate this route.
I would feel as if taking advantage of motability purpose, and doubt if it would be free.

Raising the seat is required as my wife who is fully able, (as I am) finds the seat just too low for visibility. I also do not find the seat cushion we use just now very aesthetically pleasing - didn't buy car to have strap on extras that just do not litterally 'sit well' with the design.

Looking for advice now on how to remove plastic covers on the rail fixings - anyone done this?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Protect rear wheel arch from RUST
« Last post by PK316 on December 04, 2022, 11:20:00 PM »
Really helpful Madasafish - thanks!
« Last post by Jazzyone on December 04, 2022, 10:39:24 PM »
 I would imagine that any car motability centre would be able to help you with what you wanting to do in raising the seat. Must be worth looking into.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Gearbox or clutch problem
« Last post by madasafish on December 04, 2022, 08:11:35 PM »
Worn gearbox/engine mountings.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Protect rear wheel arch from RUST
« Last post by madasafish on December 04, 2022, 08:10:41 PM »
Just joined the forum after buying 2012 Jazz with 12k miles, from south coast of England in mint condition.

As Iím in Fife, lím keen to ward off rust starting.

How easy is it to DIY treat ?

Are the companies others have used?

Thanks

If you can jack up a car, secure it safely, wash a car and paint: it's a DIY job
As you will be near the sea in Fife:
1. wash out all wheel arches/sills to remove all mud and salt
2. Leave to dry.
3. Treat any rusty patches by wire brushing, treat with rust preventer.. and then  a Rustproofer/sealant  (I use Dinitrol 4941)
 Vulnerable points: rear wheel arches, rear floor around suspension mounting points, sills in front of rear wheel arches.

Repeat every 2-3 years.
My 10 year old Jazz has been treated like that  and looks as new.

I also spray exhaust with heat proof VHT exhaust paint.

Looks like new
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Gearbox or clutch problem
« Last post by Adamg on December 04, 2022, 07:50:55 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am here, because, my mechanic could not find anything wrong with my Jazz so I hope one of you had the same issue.

When I drive on my own the car drives perfectly. Only when I have more people in the car, 3+ people and starting in the first gear sometimes the gearbox will start shaking like on the video and the car will make noise as if the car was stalling. It will last for the duration of the journey only in first gear. Once I drive the next day it's ok again. When it's shaking I have trouble starting, and only giving around 5 k revs helps to start more smoothly and it only happens in the first gear under load.

I was thinking it's the clutch but my mechanic says it looks fine. Do you think it could be gearbox? When I bought my Jazz a year ago it had the gearbox regenerated and it always worked well.

I hope the video will be clear to someone who maybe had this problem before. Thank you.

« Last post by PaulC on December 04, 2022, 07:04:32 PM »
Yes, I am interested in more information about this.
The current low passenger seat height makes it difficult for me to get in and out of the Jazz.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: Which extras and Luxuries are worth having.
« Last post by peteo48 on December 04, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
Just on the alloy wheels thing - I much prefer the appearance but, over time, they can deteriorate and, even if careful, it's difficult to avoid the odd scratch. They can be difficult to clean as well.

Hi all,

I have a 2002 VTi  / auto. When I am cruising along a flat road, as I get to a lower speed limit around 50 kmh, I lift off the throttle, then when I get to the very end of the throttle lift, the car noticeably feels like it engine brakes. So i put a small amount of throttle on to compensate, get back to speed, lift of the throttle gently and the process repeats, so I am on and off the throttle all the time. The gearbox itself has been serviced not too long ago so all new oil and checks seemed good. I have tried it in different modes with the same result (Low/Sports etc). it is most noticeable on flat or slight decline when not much throttle input is required.

Any clues as to what might be going on?

Many thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything