Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Poor mpg.
« Last post by WelshBeauty on May 20, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »
Now that you've finished your renovation!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Garmin Standalone Updates
« Last post by embee on May 20, 2022, 06:12:13 PM »
That's Garmin for you.  :-[

Why fix it once when you can fix it twice ....  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driverís seat wear
« Last post by sportse on May 20, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
I wonder if this would invalidate the warranty :

https://www.autoglym.com/leather-cleaner-balm

More to the point, would it help ?

or

Are those side panels vinyl, in which case normal baby oil would be best.

I don't think it's actual leather now, just plastic.

My last Volvo did actually have genuine real white leather seats that required treatment every 6 months.

It looks like the material they have used isn't thick enough and is just wearing out from being compressed when people normally sit on them.

The fix may likely be a new thicker seat base cover required - quite a lot of labour involved usually as they have to remove trim to do it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Anti-theft sticker
« Last post by sportse on May 20, 2022, 05:54:03 PM »
I haven't seen these for many years - you can buy stickers from eBay if you want, but all cars have alarms/immobilisers now so the stickers seem to have died out.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driver’s seat wear
« Last post by IanG on May 20, 2022, 05:13:24 PM »
I not think that removing that plastic will help, my driver seat upholstery cracked exactly in middle of that artificial leather

It’s looking like  cracks same shape.
Let me know how you get on with dealer warranty claim. I’m awaiting response from Honda, so will update forum with outcome.
« Last post by Kremmen on May 20, 2022, 04:46:32 PM »
I wonder if this would invalidate the warranty :

https://www.autoglym.com/leather-cleaner-balm

More to the point, would it help ?

or

Are those side panels vinyl, in which case normal baby oil would be best.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: New front wheel bearing, then no drive
« Last post by Jocko on May 20, 2022, 04:44:45 PM »
It sounds to me like a clutch issue. If it has anything to do with the wheel bearing the shaft should be spinning even though the car is not driving. The fact you can select any gear without depressing the clutch sounds like a clutch issue though what, I haven't a clue.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Poor mpg.
« Last post by Jocko on May 20, 2022, 04:35:24 PM »
remember the E-10 petrols havent been out that long .. since using the stuff lol i calculate ive lost between 4-8 mpg depending on motorway driving etc.. on unleaded i could squeeze 58mpg . now can just reach 50mpg  since using E fuels
I use 97 RON E5 now that I fill up so infrequently. I only have to buy petrol every two months now.
« Last post by Roman on May 20, 2022, 03:52:25 PM »
Iím not wearing anything on hands, and also not gave catÖ..Unless we know how this material made we canít understand why it cut so weird.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by peteo48 on May 20, 2022, 03:46:57 PM »
My understanding is that the situation as regards charging is actually getting worse as the number of EVs is outstripping the installation of new chargers.

I guess you have to do your own maths. I could manage with an EV with a range (minimum) of 150 miles having monitored my motoring over 12 months. This makes the assumption that only in the most extreme circumstances would I use the public charging network (in it's current state).

In short, there are sufficient used EVs that would fit my budget and range requirements.

I love my MK4 though so I won't be making the change for some time, if ever. I've done 1,100 miles in the last 7 months so I'm fortunate that the eye watering price of petrol doesn't really affect me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything