Author Topic: Tyre deflation false alarms  (Read 6106 times)

Peter5145

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 3 Jazz 1.5 Sport
Re: Tyre deflation false alarms
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 08:12:13 PM »
Anyway, later today I'm making a trip of about 30 miles along mixed roads, so I'll initialise it before I start and see if that makes a difference.

Success! Did a 66-mile round trip on a mix of motorway, rural and urban roads and the warning didn't come on. Hopefully the car will have learned the lesson! :D

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 05:24:44 AM »
It recognizes the difference in abs sensor pulse rate comparing all four wheels. It does not sense the pressure itself.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2024, 05:34:45 AM »
I'm such an old school motorist, that I feel the flat tyre. I don't want or care about usually false warnings.

That's what I think, an experienced driver will usually 'feel' a deflating tyre.  However these TPMS aren't just optional extras but mandatory requirements on new cars since 2012 in the UK.  So they should work properly and presumably the car would fail its MOT if they don't.
The legislation in UK or even in my country does not make it any less annoying.

doctormirabilis

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: '19 Jazz
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2024, 08:15:55 AM »
Exactly my experience as well. Same age vehicle too. I can almost clock it now. 80km or thereabouts, without stopping  is where it starts blinking

I have a Mk 3 which is approaching five years old, and recently I've been getting a lot of false alarms or overzealous warnings from the tyre deflation indicator.

Very often it seems that as soon as I build up some speed on the motorway and the air in the tyres warms up, it triggers the indicator. I carry a pressure gauge and a pump, so it's usually no more than a minor inconvenience. Generally I find all four tyres are properly inflated anyway.

As I recently had a genuine puncture leading to full deflation of the tyre, I can't just ignore it and have to stop and check when convenient, but surely it's being very over-sensitive.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2024, 08:59:46 AM »
Just a thought,  do you have different brand/model tyres around the car? Different tyre versions might well run at different temperatures so the changes between cold and hot could possibly trick the rather sensitive TPMS system. Just a thought......

Tags:

anything