Author Topic: Jazz Driving Features - differences between UK and New Zealand versions  (Read 1018 times)

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
I have a 2021 Honda Jazz Hybrid which is the top of the line Jazz in NZ (other Jazz models are 100% ICE). This hybrid model is also sold in Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau and Africa. Honda Australia does not sell new Jazz cars
Here are the differences for features:
No heated steering wheel
No Traffic Sign Recognition System
No Adaptable or Intelligent Speed Limiter
CBMS - the same as the UK
LKAS - the same as the UK
ACC - mainly the same as the UK but does not have Low Speed Follow
RDMS - operates the same as the UK but the differences are for NZ - retains setting from previous driving setting, has additional setting option of 'WARNING ONLY' so steering wheel is not impacted.

I am unhappy about no speed limiter but I am happy about having a warning only setting for RMDS and that this setting is able to be set permanently.

Paul

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz Driving Features - differences between UK and New Zealand versions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 07:02:15 AM »
The switchable RDMS would be good in the UK but I expect we won’t get it due to the safety test points now given to systems that are switched on by default.

My 2014 car I traded in had a similar option - off, warning only or warning with steering. Whatever you set stayed fixed permanently until changed.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 07:09:12 AM »
I need to find a NZ dealer willing to post me black rimmed front cup holders :)
Let's be careful out there !

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 08:24:49 AM »
I have a 2021 Honda Jazz Hybrid which is the top of the line Jazz in NZ (other Jazz models are 100% ICE). This hybrid model is also sold in Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau and Africa. Honda Australia does not sell new Jazz cars
Here are the differences for features:
No heated steering wheel
No Traffic Sign Recognition System
No Adaptable or Intelligent Speed Limiter
CBMS - the same as the UK
LKAS - the same as the UK
ACC - mainly the same as the UK but does not have Low Speed Follow
RDMS - operates the same as the UK but the differences are for NZ - retains setting from previous driving setting, has additional setting option of 'WARNING ONLY' so steering wheel is not impacted.

I am unhappy about no speed limiter but I am happy about having a warning only setting for RMDS and that this setting is able to be set permanently.

Paul

The absence of the “Intelligent” speed limiter is because of the absence of the traffic sign recognition; the car uses the latter to set the former. IMHO, absence of this limiter is no great loss. But does it have the normal (ie manually-set) limiter?

I suspect the differences may be associated with Euro NCAP, which presumably NZ cars don’t have to meet (is there an equivalent?). By selling cars with these different features, Honda are demonstrating that there’s no technical reason why not, so the reason we have to have them must be legislative not technical, which means the chances of Honda doing anything about them are pretty slim.

On an all-too-brief trip to NZ a couple of years ago, I recall noticing how many Mk3s there were, and that they were driven by all kinds of people. The Jazz doesn’t seem to have the “old person’s stigma” that it does in the UK.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
On an all-too-brief trip to NZ a couple of years ago, I recall noticing how many Mk3s there were, and that they were driven by all kinds of people. The Jazz doesn’t seem to have the “old person’s stigma” that it does in the UK.

It seems to be just the UK where Honda is viewed as an old persons car...  Elsewhere in the world it seems to be viewed as stylish, has as much interior space as a class above, technically advanced and bombproof.  A Honda may cost a little more upfront, but the lifetime cost is very low - A friend of ours in Sydney had a Honda for many years and apart from consumable items like brake pads the only part that needed to be replaced ( at 14 years old ) was a water pump.  My first Civic did 190,000 miles and never a spanner on engine or drivetrain,  just a cambelt every 60,000 and a couple of batteries. Still original clutch, alternator - only body corrosion on rear wheel arches made me decide to trade it in.  The engine was still sweet, emissions were actually lower than when it was new, started first time and did not use a drop of oil between oil changes.  All on castrol oil. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 10:15:21 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
I agree.

I see many ~2007 Civic's on Civinfo that have pictures posted and they look like new. No visible rust and still going strong.

It wasn't that long ago that after 10 years they crumbled into the orange pile.
Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 11:57:16 AM »
It wasn't that long ago that after 10 years they crumbled into the orange pile.
I remember! So many cars with semi-detached front wings.
Neil Ives

Tags: