Author Topic: steering problems  (Read 4831 times)

zorbas40

• Approved Member
steering problems
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »
Just had a full Wheel Alignment
And the driving is the same it feels like there is no center correction in you turn the wheel, and you have to correct it all the times, any ideas it is 05 model have check tyre pressure/ alignment and all is good is there a fuse for the eclectic steering and where? kind regards

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: steering problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
Was it a computer based wheel alignment?
Have you got any printout of the before and after readings of the wheels?

I would not touch the electric steering wheel fuse because it has nothing to do with the wheel alignment.

zorbas40

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
yes it was a computer one it is just feels before and after the alignment the steering wheel does not center it just stays where you turn it thank you for your help

zorbas40

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
just had a drive on the motorway and what is happening is when you turn the steering wheel a little (left or right) the car will not correct back to the center maybe because  i had a Saab before  i do not know is this normal to the jazz? tyre pressure tracking done......thanks

guest1844

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
Exactly the same on mine (an '05). I think its a "feature" of the car. The Jazz has electric power steering and there seems to be some sort of friction in the mechanism. On mine on the motorway you can put quite a turn in and it won't self centre. Its frankly annoying and I just put up with it. I notice it most after I've been driving my Volvo which has a nicely weighted self centring steering and feedback.

Not many people complain about it so I wonder if some cars are worse than others. I've had my tracking checked and it made no difference.

There's an old thread here about it: http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=438.0

Tags: