Author Topic: Nissan note has more space than Jazz?  (Read 6471 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Nissan note has more space than Jazz?
« on: March 21, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Was looking at Jazz reviews and came across one written by Nigel Burton in the Northern Echo (2006), he compared the Note to other carsicluding the Jazz, can you spot the deliberate mistake? I know that the Note is made in Sunderland, but please try to be more objective Nigel!

The Honda Jazz can't hold a candle to the Note's interior space nor its boot size (1,663 litres with the seats down v 853 for the Jazz). The North-East car is also more fuel-efficient and falls in the same low insurance category. Longer and wider, the Nissan rubs the Jazz's nose in the dirt by also being the more enjoyable car to drive.

The 853 litres in the Jazz is up to window level, and the best capacity I can find for the note is 1332 litres UP TO ROOF LEVEL with all the 'boards removed' (whatever they are)?  The Notes 'seats up' boot is only 250 litres and the GD Jazz at that time had about 350 litres.  As for all the other comments, well everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Nissan note has more space than Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
:lol:

I've read many 'reviews' in local newspapers which are more like an advert for the car. No suprise to find an advert on the very same page for the dealer selling the car!

guest869

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »
"Longer wider" ................ erm if the Note is longer and wider then surely it will have more interior space!

If it had smaller exterior dimensions and more interior space then I would be impressed.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

If it had smaller exterior dimensions and more interior space then I would be impressed.

Isn't that a Tardis!  ;D

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
The Jazz is a Tardis  ;), didn't everybody know that?

Moving the fuel tank forward under the front seats (the space which is wasted on other cars) freed up a load of space in the back end and allowed the rear seats to fold truly flat to the floor. I guess that means that the Jazz floor is lower than the Note.  I can't find a litre capacity figure for the Jazz if you fill it up to the roof, but I would be surprised if it is less than the Note.

I have seen bigger cars with less space than the Jazz, Just try getting a set of golf clubs (sadly, that is my measure of how useful a car boot is) across the boot in a lot of cars and it just won't happen - but I can get two bags and two trollies in the boot without resorting to folding the rear seats down, which is more than my nephew could achieve on either his Audi A3 or VW Golf (how ironic is that?).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything