Author Topic: Motoring fines to increase by £15 to help victims of crime  (Read 6217 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Motoring fines to increase by £15 to help victims of crime
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6973689.ece

Drivers who are found guilty of minor motoring offences face a £15 surcharge to help victims of domestic violence and other violent crime.

Details of the new tax were slipped out before Christmas in a Parliamentary answer. The “victims’ surcharge” will be added to fixed penalty tickets given out by police.

Anyone who breaks parking regulations, contravenes a stop sign or speeds will be forced to pay the penalty. It could also be levied when a vehicle has dirty windows. Ministers say that they want to extend the payment to all types of fixed penalties. At present, only errant motorists who are fined in court for more serious offences are liable to pay the surcharge.

Geoffers

Re: Motoring fines to increase by £15 to help victims of crime
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:25:40 PM »
Just another (stealth) tax on the motorist!  ::)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:51:01 AM by Geoffers »

JOCK55

• Approved Member
  • Returned and hopefully not forgotten!
  • My Honda: 2009, 1.4 EX Manual
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:56:27 AM »
I agree that it's yet another tax on the UK motorist, but do not think there is much "stealth" involved. More like rape and pillage!!!
My other car is a 2015 Range Rover Sport....
No, seriously, it is!!!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »
Another nice little earner dicovered by NuLabour to support their spend, spend, spend culture. I can't see any connection between having dirty windows on your car and domestic violence, but maybe their think tank has come up with the idea that people with dirty windows are more likely to be husband / wife beaters.

Without the money Nulabour make from car owners in one way or another this country would have to cut back severely on lots of Nulabours Loony schemes.

Any money made from motoring fines should be spent on our sadly neglected road network, (but then so should road tax, but it isn't).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Geoffers

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
Another nice little earner dicovered by NuLabour to support their spend, spend, spend culture. I can't see any connection between having dirty windows on your car and domestic violence, but maybe their think tank has come up with the idea that people with dirty windows are more likely to be husband / wife beaters.

Without the money Nulabour make from car owners in one way or another this country would have to cut back severely on lots of Nulabours Loony schemes.

Any money made from motoring fines should be spent on our sadly neglected road network, (but then so should road tax, but it isn't).

On that we are agreed!

guest229

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

Your blue under pants are showing Culzean.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
"Your blue under pants are showing Culzean".

I changed to blue underpants because my red ones were giving me very uncomfortable feelings, and frankly were not very well made, they had a tendency to come apart at the seams at the slightest pressure.

When I took the red ones back to the shop they told me I was expecting too much of them, as red underpants are know to stop supporting after the first wash. They said they may well get better just before the next general election but the improvement would probably be very short-lived.  They also said that blue underpants were outselling red ones by about two to one this year.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest229

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »
I wouldn't believe what a salesman tells me they are notorious for stretching.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »

This.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »
"Your blue under pants are showing Culzean".

I changed to blue underpants because my red ones were giving me very uncomfortable feelings, and frankly were not very well made, they had a tendency to come apart at the seams at the slightest pressure.

When I took the red ones back to the shop they told me I was expecting too much of them, as red underpants are know to stop supporting after the first wash. They said they may well get better just before the next general election but the improvement would probably be very short-lived.  They also said that blue underpants were outselling red ones by about two to one this year.

At least you had more luck then me. I ordered some blue ones nine years ago and they sent the red ones; five years ago I asked for some yellow ones and they still sent the red ones!

guest436

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:22 PM »
Speeding fines should be put back into the road network, at least for road safety purposes.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 08:11:18 PM »
Does anyone think the new Lib Dem/Conservative coalition will be any better?

guest229

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:11 AM »
Not unless people have gone completely potty, Our David would make a good second hand car salesman------All fast talk

guest436

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 09:44:55 PM »
Nah, new governments never scrap the real money spinners.

Tags: