Author Topic: Fuel Economy  (Read 35478 times)

guest990

Re: Fuel Economy
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »
Welcome gramin :)

Dare I ask, how much is your petrol over there?

Price around Brisbane this weekend $1.30Au per litre (about 3 UK pounds per gallon (I think)).  :'( :( >:(

This is for 91 ron unleaded.
Diesel is about 10 cents/Litre dearer. As is premium unleaded (95 ron)
E10 Ethanol is about 10 cent/litre cheaper and is rated for some reason at 91 ron

guest954

• Topic Starter
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »
I love my Jazz, which is a 54 reg 1.4 se. We have had it for 4 and half years now, and it just gets better and smoother and we have not re-set the mileage trip for about 18 months and the average to date is 46.4 and that is mostly about town ! when I was in a "lets see what it will do " mode, I managed 60 mpg on a run of 121 miles keeping the speed to no more than 60 mph that was on mainly duel carriageway and A roads, and before you ask, there were no tale backs behind us !
Even when we have driven quite fast on the same route we have still attained mid fifties.   So, yes I am well pleased with our little Jazz, can`t see us ever parting with her !
        tommo0_5

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »
Filled my GD 1.4SE up with 97RON super petrol last week and am generally getting about 4 to 5 mpg better fuel consumption than with 'normal' 95RON petrol - I have done this previously and always see better figures. With supermarket petrol the consumption goes the other way :( - so by paying about 8 pence a litre more (about 7% extra) you can get about 8% better consumption - sort of cancels out the extra cost really and engine feels more lively too.

I wonder if car manufacturers use 'super' fuel to get their mpg figures ???
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Bluejazz

• Registered Member
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2009, 05:56:11 PM »
I've got a new 2009 Jazz 1.4 ES i-shift, which I have had for just under 2 months, and I must say I'm very pleased with.
Ever since I've had it, the MPG reading has been about 54 mpg, but over the last week,
I've noticed it has dropped to about 46 MPG.  Today when I took it out, I've noticed it has now increased to about 62 MPG, and stayed there all day.
I've not filled the tank since this has started to happen, do you think I have a problem
with the computer.
Any thoughts from anyone please!

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
No I don't think you have a problem. Its just the computer working out the fuel used according to use

guest1240

• Topic Starter
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »
1.4 Sport..Motorway driving 51 MPG @ 60 - 65 MPH Winter Weather 40 miles.
1.2s was the best so far at  61 MPG @ 60 MPH Summer Weather.  ;D

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 08:01:20 PM »
I can coax 65mpg (reported) at about 55-60mph in summer, given a relatively flat motorway and no passengers. The hills (eg. Holywell and Rhuallt on the A55 in North Wales) are petrol eaters. The upside is that the Jazz will happily cruise up both those hills at 65-70mph, whereas my previous car (a K11 Micra 1.0L) struggled.

The display is currently showing about 52mpg, having done a long run (about 300miles) and some local driving.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2010, 03:58:19 PM »
I have filled up recently with the Shell V-Power and driven up to Lowestoft and back from Kent.  I have calculated my MPG to 45.1, which is no different from my previous post. Therefore i have not noticed a difference in MPG although the last post was in June so that may have an impact.  I also came across this site to quickly work out your MPG. http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

Tags:

anything