Author Topic: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT  (Read 7726 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
I hope that's not the 1.5 Sport model!  ;-)

I can't put my satnav on the right cupholder although it fits and I can see it easily. The navigator / journey manager in the passenger seat can't see it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:41:50 AM by Deeps »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »
My apologies, Colin B, the photo is actually from a previous Mk 2 Jazz,  which did come with the cup, but the installation is identical.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Fit my Garmin on side window just above door mirror level, is easy to see and visible to front passenger, only thing is need to disable auto window down function as it can cause problem if you activate window down without removing sucker - can be awkward on toll roads when you pay - but not for me as I avoid toll roads like the plague.

Normally when you need to lower the window for carpark machine etc you have reached your destination anyway and no longer need satnav.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:16:00 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7494

• Topic Starter
Good Morning, and a Very Pleasant Easter 2018 to all the members of this most excellent Forum.
I have read earlier posts regarding LOCATIONS OF SAT NAVS WHILST DRIVING.
I personally use the provided Garmin Suction Sticker and locate my Garmin Sat Nav attached to the top Right Hand Corner of the otherwise Useless info Screen of my Mk3 2017 Jazz CVT,  This enables me to see the clock as well, the power lead provide was very long so I have used a spare one with coiled wire this just drops straight down to power socket and is very neat.
Also very easy and quick to remove and put out of sight of any scrotes that are around.
This I find is very secure, non vibrating, and just right to glance at whilst driving and of course close enough to read if needs be.
I do not use this infotainment screen for anything else, so it is perfect for this Garmin Sat Nav.
and when using German Auto Routes to and from Munich and Nuremberg on occasions.
It is just out of sight below dash board level so does not incur the interest of the authorities.
 I have never so far lost Sat connections. No doubt I will receive some observations regarding this post and of course these will be read with interest.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
OOPS  sorry i have dropped a clanger did not mean to do this.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 07:25:20 AM »

I personally use the provided Garmin Suction Sticker and locate my Garmin Sat Nav attached to the top Right Hand Corner of the otherwise Useless info Screen of my Mk3 2017 Jazz CVT,  This enables me to see the clock as well, the power lead provide was very long so I have used a spare one with coiled wire this just drops straight down to power socket and is very neat.
Also very easy and quick to remove and put out of sight of any scrotes that are around.
This I find is very secure, non vibrating, and just right to glance at whilst driving and of course close enough to read if needs be.
I do not use this infotainment screen for anything else, so it is perfect for this Garmin Sat Nav.
and when using German Auto Routes to and from Munich and Nuremberg on occasions.
It is just out of sight below dash board level so does not incur the interest of the authorities.
 I have never so far lost Sat connections. No doubt I will receive some observations regarding this post and of course these will be read with interest.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
My Honda: Jazz CVT mk 3 EX 2017

« Reply #21 on: Today at 07:25:20 AM »
QuoteModify

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 08:04:51 AM »
I use one of these dashboard mounts https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Dashboard-Magellan-Portable-Navigators/dp/B0051FWA7U. One advantage is that it's quick and easy to put the satnav plus mount out of sight in the driver's footwell when the vehicle is parked. When in use the satnav is on the dashboard left of the car centreline so it doesn't interfere with the driver's view.
On my mk3 it looks like it might be difficult to put it on the dashboard as there does not appear to be any flat services and wondering whether it might slide around too much. Any suggestions please.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »
There is room to put a sticky-backed plastic disc in the middle of the dashboard, on top, and the suction pad can be fixed to the disc.  We seem to have two parallel threads on this topic!

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »

I got my new sat nav today and was really surprised that the just is not anywhere to put it, even on the side windows so looks like I am going to have to put it on the info screen. Noticed that it will not stick around the edge, only on the middle part so must only be glass or plastic in the middle and some composite round the side.  Unless anyone has found somewhere else to put it. Many thanks.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »

I got my new sat nav today and was really surprised that the just is not anywhere to put it, even on the side windows so looks like I am going to have to put it on the info screen. Noticed that it will not stick around the edge, only on the middle part so must only be glass or plastic in the middle and some composite round the side.  Unless anyone has found somewhere else to put it. Many thanks.

I have a phone holder that fixes into the CD slot above the info screen these are also available for sat navs just did a search and found these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/CD-Slot-Phone-Mount-Apps2car-Portable-Universal-Car-Holder-Cradles-Rotate-Dock-S/1785079611

This is just an example of what’s available this is the holder I have and it is very sturdy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Adjustable-One-touch-Perfect-Samsung/dp/B074W7TLNZ

Morgy83

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2017 (66) Jazz S E Manual, Tinted Silver
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »
I use the Sat nav on my phone and was struggling to find a place for it on the mk3 as the 5 inch screen obscured too much drivers vision. Have just received a holder from Amazon that fits into the CD slot, seems ideal for me as all my music is on a us b stick connected in the centre console. I didn't want to stick the Sat nav to the 7 inch screen as I use the audio and phone modes.
The CD slot holder comes with 3 thicknesses of rubber spacers to ensure a tight fit. It is very sturdy and holds the phone in an ideal position so is worth considering.
Sorry I am not tech savvy enough to paste a link, but it can be found easily if you search Amazon (other suppliers are available I'm sure).

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 07:30:36 PM »

Sorry I am not tech savvy enough to paste a link, but it can be found easily if you search Amazon (other suppliers are available I'm sure).

Just highlight the link address in search bar on your browser when you are on site you want to link to, right click and copy, then paste it directly into the text area on your post..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
I use a TomTom satnav. I had a Brodit mount from a previous car, it consists of a device mount and a vehicle mount. I modified the device mount with a piece of plastic cut from the redundant vehicle mount and used as a spacer so that it could be attached to the vertical divider between the centre dash vents with hot melt glue, this gives a solid mount and I detest a vibrating satnav. The TomTom clips to this device mount. Brodit don't make a vehicle mount for the UK MK3 yet. The hot melt glue can be released with a drop of alcohol leaving no mark at trade in time.

This is the device mount I have used.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/TomTom+Start%2025-Brodit-Holder.asp

I have taken some photos of my satnav mount. As a short term measure when swapping cars I used the suction mount on the dashboard screen.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:05:40 PM by Skyrider »

Tags: