Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 171677 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2024, 03:46:25 PM »
Same here, very low mileage and I could do without it for a few weeks

Just glad I subscribed to Which? Legal about a decade ago, they can fight my corner if I get any nonsense like some posts here

This is clearly a manufacturing fault as demonstrated by a recall in some countries
Let's be careful out there !

Jinbeizame

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz M4
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2024, 11:52:34 AM »
Since my Jazz was towed away to Honda Stoneacre, Chesterfield on 29/04/24, they contacted me over the phone only once on the following day (just confirmed my car was with them). Then without my foreknowledge, I have had a call from Thrifty rent-a-car firm, telling that a rental car will be delivered this afternoon. A quick call to Stoneacre has put me in the loop what's going on. Let's make long story short, they say Honda UK have agreed to pay for the replacement parts but NOT a labour cost (approx £450) at this stage.  Unless I have agreed to pay for the labour now they will not take further action (to place an order for parts from Honda UK).  Not knowing at this stage whether Honda UK will ultimately agree to pay for the labour, I have to choose to close the curtain once for all. I may end up with paying for  the labour but, instead, I would like to start the new motoring life with not Honda.  See what will happen to me next. BTW availability of the Brake Operating Module is unknown at the moment.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2024, 11:56:29 AM »
What a shower these so called dealerships turn into when customer needs service. Most car companies are the same these days.

JB

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2024, 01:42:32 PM »
Since my Jazz was towed away to Honda Stoneacre, Chesterfield on 29/04/24, they contacted me over the phone only once on the following day (just confirmed my car was with them). Then without my foreknowledge, I have had a call from Thrifty rent-a-car firm, telling that a rental car will be delivered this afternoon. A quick call to Stoneacre has put me in the loop what's going on. Let's make long story short, they say Honda UK have agreed to pay for the replacement parts but NOT a labour cost (approx £450) at this stage.  Unless I have agreed to pay for the labour now they will not take further action (to place an order for parts from Honda UK).  Not knowing at this stage whether Honda UK will ultimately agree to pay for the labour, I have to choose to close the curtain once for all. I may end up with paying for  the labour but, instead, I would like to start the new motoring life with not Honda.  See what will happen to me next. BTW availability of the Brake Operating Module is unknown at the moment.
I would give them the go ahead for the repair to save you waiting but fight your corner with Honda UK. They eventually paid for the parts and labour in my case altough the car was 6 months out of warranty.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2024, 01:46:26 PM »
https://uk.hondaownersclub.com/forums/topic/19435-brake-servo-control-unit-failure-happened-to-your-car/

This really is a larger problem than Honda can ignore. There is a Facebook page dedicated to the Honda Jazz Hybrid too, and also has many owners with the same simulator failure.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2024, 03:42:00 PM »
Although not the same issue , my replacement wiring loom has still not arrived from japan so honda have given me a car from thrifty car rental ! This was just a call out of the blue from honda customer care followed by thrifty car rental HO. Within a couple of hours the local thrifty branch dropped off a car to my works. Subsequenty its been replaced by a brand new car as they had sold the prevous hire car …. So although i dont know when the loom is due honda have at least kept me mobile ….

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2024, 07:31:16 PM »
My Honda was finally repaired after around 5 weeks and it was good to drive it again. Unlike some dealers on this forum mine have been very empathetic and supportive and therefore now I feel I should mention them by name - Hendy Honda - near Portsmouth - and all costs have also been met by Honda. However, I still await with interest for DVSA’s findings with Honda.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2024, 08:20:10 PM »
Great news your sorted Cobb2! You would expect honda to start fully paying for all failures of the brake simulator . Its pointless only paying fir the part as it will no doubt can be be changed by a honda dealer and not your local garage . Given the mark 4 jazz is the problem and those are only 4 years old it’s  verging on …….. well insert your own swear words !!

ninanina

• Approved Member
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2024, 09:31:45 PM »
My Honda was finally repaired after around 5 weeks and it was good to drive it again. Unlike some dealers on this forum mine have been very empathetic and supportive and therefore now I feel I should mention them by name - Hendy Honda - near Portsmouth - and all costs have also been met by Honda. However, I still await with interest for DVSA’s findings with Honda.

That’s very interesting as Hendy Honda Portsmouth is my local dealer

Can you tell me Cobb2 how, in general, you have found them? from purchasing to servicing etc as I’m thinking of buying a brand new Jazz

Thanks for any info
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 09:36:08 PM by ninanina »

Cobb2

• Approved Member
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2024, 07:58:04 AM »
NinaNina, I have been with  HH  for 15 years with 3 cars bought and serviced there and they have been very good on both counts. Always very polite and efficient from my experience. Might be worth discussing a 5 year service and warranty package although I have only ever had a 3 year warranty but that did not stop me negotiating full costs on this safety failure with Honda on a 3 plus years Honda. Perhaps being a long term customer helped with the brake simulator claim. However this fault should of course be a recall anyway as many of us have already said.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 08:32:17 AM by Cobb2 »

Cobb2

• Approved Member
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2024, 08:33:50 AM »
Ninaniina - good luck with your purchase -the  Mk4 Jazz is essentially a very good car as long as Honda sought themselves out on the current issue. There are other contribution strands about the Jazz on this forum which describe the attributes of this model if you haven’t read them already
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 08:42:13 AM by Cobb2 »

Daffodil

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2024, 10:06:11 AM »

I also had my repaired car back this week - from Hendy Honda, Portsmouth. I agree with Cobb2 regarding empathy from HH. This Dealership has been supportive.

Last week I had a phone call from Honda UK agreeing to cover “the costs”, but it wasn’t until I spoke to HH Portsmouth that I was told that it was only parts not labour. I phoned Honda UK to say that there was no way I was paying any labour charges and was basically told they would only pay for the new part. I informed them that I knew they had already agreed to pay 100% of the cost for other “sufferers” and I would take this further. Honda UK asked me to prove it! I told them I could because the affected drivers were communicating with each other and sticking together. Honda UK said they would look in to it and asked which Dealership had my car.

I am laughing now because they phoned back very quickly to confirm they would cover all costs. Turns out they had phoned HH Portsmouth and must have discovered that they had indeed agreed to pay 100% of Cobb2’s expenses at exactly the same Dealership  :P In fact a post by Cobb2 on 28/3 mentioned that his Dealership already had a part on order for another customer - turns out that was me!  ;D

So 6 weeks later I am very happy to have my car back at no cost.

For all those still waiting, keep the pressure on!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2024, 11:34:12 AM »
Other owners with this fault should capitalise on this fact when faced with it's parts only response. Owners should add the brake failure is widely discussed & commented upon on social media Honda forums.
Get your emails letters back into the sticky dealership and if course Honda HQ. Be polite but firm - Honda this is your problem please help loyal customers in the UK ........

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2024, 01:29:47 PM »
Sad to see they are treating this on a case by case basis, there must be quite a few people who have agreed to pay for the labour. They don't seem to realize the damage they are doing to the reputation of Honda.

Tags: