Author Topic: Personal DAB/Internet Radio in Jazz 2014  (Read 5464 times)

guest4631

Personal DAB/Internet Radio in Jazz 2014
« on: April 21, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »
I've recently been experimenting with a personal DAB in my 2014 Jazz. My Pure Move 2500 provides an input at the same level as the fitted radio. A  1.5m x  3.5mm to 3.5mm cable provides a rock solid signal if run from the aux socket across the top of the dash to the offside facia cup holder. A bit makeshift, but fine for the odd live match on 5live. If tethered to a short neat coiled cable straight down to the central cup holder it picks up strong national stations like TalkSPORT/ 5Live etc. The Pure 2500 is about £80 from Amazon, has an internal lithium battery and a mini USB for in car charging. It can charge and play at the same time.

Even better, My Samsung S3 using Tune In radio on  a short cable provides almost faultless internet radio via the Three service (All you can eat data) The S3 goes into 'car mode' with big icons on plug in.

Highly recommended for the Jazz - the French station Sax4Love, hmm nice.

guest4648

• Topic Starter
Re: Personal DAB/Internet Radio in Jazz 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
I bought a belkin bluetooth (£35) for my jazz. Plugs in the aux socket, with main unit mounted on right front piller. Works great through car stereo, using bluetooth on my S4 to play my albums or internet radio. Use the right app, and the worlds your oyster. My cd only holds one disc, and no support for mp3, so not much good.

Tags: