Author Topic: USB Adaptor/Connector  (Read 6349 times)

Jo

• Approved Member
USB Adaptor/Connector
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:28:48 AM »
Hi everyone.  Looking for a bit of urgent help. 

I am going to Honda garage tomorrow morning to have a look at a '62 reg 1.4 ES CVT (sadly going to trade in the '53 reg CVT, great mechanically but looking a bit rough with peeling paint on wing mirror pillars and some bodywork damage).  Anyway, the new car has something you can plug an ipod in to.  (I don't actually own an ipod but that's neither here nor there).  I was just wondering so I don't make myself look foolish but would the car come with a USB adaptor/connector or is that something I would have to purchase separately?  (The new car was first registered in December 2012 and has only done 447 miles, it's an ex-demonstrator car).

Any help would be really appreciated.

caseyjones

Re: USB Adaptor/Connector
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:13:18 AM »
Yes, your new car should come with a short adaptor cable that converts the car's proprietary socket to a standard USB socket. However, as many previous posts on this forum have covered, some second-hand cars don't (they've been lost / stolen or whatever). Normally, it's to be found in the upper glove box. If you can't find it, make sure you insist on the seller providing one. It's part of the car's equipment, you can't use the car's USB socket without it, and they're quite expensive to buy unless you're lucky enough to find a cheap one on eBay.

Jo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
Yes, it should have one, my '11 EX CVT didn't so I asked the dealer to supply one, which they did without question.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
You don't need an I pod-- a cheap memory stick will hold loads of your music. You just copy your music files to it and plug it into the radio-random play gives you your own 'juke box'.

Tags: