Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Nicksey on May 18, 2024, 09:56:00 AM »
On the Facebook Jazz eHEV Owners UK page, this has been discussed many times. There is a person who was in the process of buying a low mileage 23 Crosstar, but was concerned after reading about the brake failure. So much so, she asked the dealer. I quote from her post:

I did actually ask them about the brake sensor problem. It WILL be covered by Honda AND there WILL eventually be a recall issued but the retailer assured me that I would not be paying a fortune for a known problem. That said, I did take out the extended warranty and a service plan.

Was this in writing?  It was probably a salesman who she was speaking to. Would you really take that as Honda's position?

I can only quote her words as she wrote them. She has been asked by another member who the dealer was, but as yet she hasn't replied.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: sunglasses for driving
« Last post by Marco1979 on May 18, 2024, 09:52:32 AM »
Using my Polaroid glasses, I paid extra attention to what I do and do not see clearly:
- central screen perfect
- screen right in front perfect
- all lit items (buttons etc.) good
- temperature adjust knob poor

That last one has a good work-around: also the center screen shows temperature when you turn the knob.
So Mk4 (and Civic ehev) are quite a good combination with Polaroids  :D
« Last post by ColinS on May 18, 2024, 09:18:06 AM »
On the Facebook Jazz eHEV Owners UK page, this has been discussed many times. There is a person who was in the process of buying a low mileage 23 Crosstar, but was concerned after reading about the brake failure. So much so, she asked the dealer. I quote from her post:

I did actually ask them about the brake sensor problem. It WILL be covered by Honda AND there WILL eventually be a recall issued but the retailer assured me that I would not be paying a fortune for a known problem. That said, I did take out the extended warranty and a service plan.

Was this in writing?  It was probably a salesman who she was speaking to. Would you really take that as Honda's position?
« Last post by Nicksey on May 18, 2024, 08:25:00 AM »

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 17, 2024, 03:48:51 PM »
Quite a few insurance companies have  decided to no longer renew insurance on certain cars  , or certain drivers due to their age (young or old) or experience, or their postcode.   My insurers -Hastings direct,  insured my  Mk4 for the remaining time left on my existing policy but were unable to  offer a  quote for a renewal. I easily found competitive quotes  elsewhere  who were only too happy to accept me and my car. :-*

Incidentally  you may be asked if you have ever been refused insurance.  You havnt been refused personally.  ,  They  have just declined to offer quotes on certain classes of business  .

I can only suggest getting quotes from several  of the big on line comparison sites such as  go compare, compare the market, confused etc, and the other big car  insurers who market their product directly rather than on comparison sites.  Or a more individual broker such as Adrian Flux, who advertise on this forum ,especially if yours is a difficult case, modified car etc. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Additive for manual gearbox
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 17, 2024, 03:17:11 PM »
I have never used it but quite a few reputable  companies such as STP, Wynnes, Liqui Moly, Molyslip make a  gearbox oil additive. This suggests it can help  in  some cases.    I think its worth a try in a manual gearbox in an older car.    Especially if you are able to do the work yourself. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Additive for manual gearbox
« Last post by ciciban on May 17, 2024, 12:59:46 PM »
Hey guys,

I've recently made a post about issues with my gearbox on my 2007 Jazz.

Link: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16685.0

Since then, I've seen Honda mechanic and he suspects that needle bearing(s) on synchros have gone bad. He said it's not worth to open and recondition the gearbox because nothing can happen (gearbox won't fall apart or fail). He advised to put some a gearbox additive that might reduce the noise and to replace the oil. I changed the oil 10k km ago.

My question is if anyone has used additives in manual gearbox and if there were any benefits?

Thanks in advance!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Hicardo on May 16, 2024, 10:57:15 PM »
Yep it was all a bit of a mess, and hard to understand what offer was on when in 2021.  Bear I mind that the poor punter had to try to figure out what a Five Care Plan was, What a Five Service Plan was etc etc.  I'm not making excuses for my mistakes.  I wish I had been more thorough about what I was actually getting when I purchased in June 2021. 

So I did some investigation myself online over the last few days and found that a Five Service Plan was available in June 2021, and a Five Care Plan (5 Years service, warranty, rescue) did not get marketed and available to buyers until sometime in July 2021.  Therefore, I must have had only the 5 year Service Plan on my purchase in June 2021.  A few days later I had exactly the same explanation  from the salesman I dealt with in 2021.  At least the explanations tallied.

However I'm now in the position of having to purchase a warranty extension to be on the safe side, if I'm keeping the car, which I plan to   :o
« Last post by olduser1 on May 16, 2024, 09:06:27 PM »
« Last post by WelshBeauty on May 16, 2024, 07:43:42 PM »
Hi.
Hopefully we can help out with a competitive insurance quotation.
Regards,
Dan.

Can you tell me about your Insurance company, is it FLUX?  Any help would be great, the forum have hardly been banging my door down with replies.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10