Author Topic: New member  (Read 3287 times)

guest1036

« on: September 04, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »
Hi everyone, I thought I would just say hello.
My name is John, I am 58 years old (decrepit I know)
I have just ordered my new Jazz, the first Honda I have ever owned, it is a 1.4ES in Deep Blue Pearl (I think that's what it is called)
I live near Thetford in Norfolk and have ordered it with John Banks Honda in Bury St Edmunds.
I have traded my trusted old BMW 328i in so as to make use of the £2000 govt scheme.
I borrowed a demonstrator for a couple of days and was really impressed, as my wife is disabled I need a car that I can get a wheelchair in and have room to spare for shopping ect and this seems to fit the bill quite nicely, I would have liked the EX but the price is just out of my limit but the ES seems to be well enough equipped and has all the toys I want, though I would have liked the cruise control, unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to retro-fit it either, unless someone on here can tell me otherwise.
No doubt I will be on here driving everyone crazy with inane questions in the future, I don't take delivery until November so you may well be safe until then.
Well, that about sums it up for now.
Best regards to all members, John.   ;D   ;D  ;D

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
Deep Violet Pearl, perhaps?

Cruise Control nowadays is probably only a firmware change in the EMU (as all modern cars have no direct mechanical linkage between accelerator pedal and the engine), and a few extra buttons on the steering wheel.

guest1036

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
Unfortunately the deep Violet/Purple colour is no longer available, so I was told, that was my 1st choice of colour  :'(
As for the cruise control, I would think I would have to most likely have to replace the steering wheel for a cruise control version, unless there is a vacant position for the C.C. switch, as the car is the I-shift as well, I would think a new wheel would cost a fortune, besides most likely having the ECU re-programed as well.
Thanks for the welcome too, it's nice to know people do take the time to respond to a newbie, thank you  :)  :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

Quite a change from a rear-wheel drive six cylinder to a front-wheel drive hatchback!

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »
The Jazz should do you just great.
Welcome.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »
Unfortunately the deep Violet/Purple colour is no longer available, so I was told, that was my 1st choice of colour  :'(
Does that mean that mine's now a rare model?  8)

guest516

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »
and mine  :P :) That makes 2 of us ;D

happy  jazz  motoring  :) :)

Tags:

anything