Author Topic: Is there an SD slot at rear of Infotainment lump  (Read 2279 times)

guest7494

Is there an SD slot at rear of Infotainment lump
« on: May 04, 2019, 05:37:56 PM »
I have just been wondering if the Honda Honchos have quietly slipped this in without our knowledge.On to  the Mk 3 Jazz
Interesting thought.
My wife's Mazda 6 had this in the armrest to update maps etc.
Does anyone know if this is the case.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Is there an SD slot at rear of Infotainment lump
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 04:02:01 PM »
No there is no SD card slot on the unit. Additional data sources would come via the usb sockets e.g usb music or images

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 07:06:39 AM »
No there is no SD card slot on the unit. Additional data sources would come via the usb sockets e.g usb music or images

many thanks for info,I was thinking I could slip a sat nav card etc into this thing and make it useful for something at least.
Oh well back to square one.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 10:05:56 AM »
I was thinking I could slip a sat nav card etc into this thing ...

An SD card is simply data storage, as is a USB stick. So whatever you were planning to do with an SD card could (in theory, probably) also be done using one of the USB sockets. You would still have to figure out how to get the unit to run an app mounted on the external storage, and then hack the settings to get it to display whilst driving.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
I was thinking I could slip a sat nav card etc into this thing ...

An SD card is simply data storage, as is a USB stick. So whatever you were planning to do with an SD card could (in theory, probably) also be done using one of the USB sockets. You would still have to figure out how to get the unit to run an app mounted on the external storage, and then hack the settings to get it to display whilst driving.

Yes I know that but I have access to several sd cards with sat nav software on them.
I thought it was to simple a solution.
This Honda Screen and its associated software is about as much use as a  Ten bob note.!!! I-was really just trying to find a use for it amongst other things.
Android software that was obsolete even before the car was ready for sale to the customers.
Well done Honda.
And yes I am also aware that the sd card contents can be transferred to a USB stick, but it is to much bother to fart arse about with this stupid Infotainment screen.
What a useless lump of crap.A touch screen that in my opinion is a road safety hazard on its own, that you can not operate it without taking your eyes off the road, And I am also aware that steering wheel controls can operate various things like radio etc but you still have to check this screen to see the results of fiddling with these also.
Give me a radio with knobs On / Off  and preselected buttons you can operate whilst keeping your eyes where they should be ON THE ROAD.
Sorry for my chundering but All cars are  now being driven by people who are forced to look down at screens instead of where there going thanks to progress???!!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 09:04:05 PM »
This Honda Screen and its associated software is about as much use as a  Ten bob note.!!!

A touch screen that in my opinion is a road safety hazard on its own, that you can not operate it without taking your eyes off the road, Give me a radio with knobs On / Off  and preselected buttons you can operate whilst keeping your eyes where they should be ON THE ROAD.
I call it a chocolate teapot - you might be able to change a ten bob note for 50p.

I completely agree with your rant about non-tactile touch controls. Honda committed an even worse sin with the HR-V where the heating/ventilation controls are a touch panel below the touchscreen thingie so the driver has to look down even more. Whoever drafts the vehicle regulations needs to outlaw such arrangements which are most likely used because they are cheaper than a panel with real knobs and switches.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »
Honda committed an even worse sin with the HR-V where the heating/ventilation controls are a touch panel below the touchscreen thingie so the driver has to look down even more.

That is my biggest complaint about the Civic, those controls are in a similar position and it does not help that they are quite small which means momentarily taking your eyes off the field of vision ahead to see and operate them. ::)

Tags:

anything