Author Topic: Jazz Sport.  (Read 5019 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Jazz Sport.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »
All the UK spec Mk3s are built in Japan. The first letter of the VIN indicates a cars origin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:18:07 PM by Deeps »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
All European GK3 Jazz come from Japan, Vin is JHMGKxxxxxxxx.
1.5 Jazz should be GK5, could you confirm?

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »

Mine is a GK

Variant 501

Version 2

Whatever that means.

guest7675

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »
All the UK spec Mk3s are built in Japan. The first letter of the VIN indicates a cars origin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

I think that maybe a asset its made in japan as i used to have many of the late 70s and 80s datsun cars and a honda civic crx and found not one ever had any reliability issues although many japanese cars are now assembled in different countries and seem to have good quality controls.
I did hear that japanese built suzuki ignis 1.5 sports had a good feedback and some swifts made in hungrey had a few quality problems but they may have sorted that now.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »
I have owned half a dozen Japanese built cars, some as far back as the 1970s. The only failure I had on any of them was a thermostat stuck half open, easily spotted on the temperature gauge, what happened to them?  I think it was a ten minute job to replace it.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »
Yup. I attribute the slightly poor design of the Mk3 to the lack of input the UK had in it.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »
Yup. I attribute the slightly poor design of the Mk3 to the lack of input the UK had in it.

Like the BMC lunch time beer cans welded into the voids or dumped inside the doors of cars on the production line?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:51:40 PM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

Like the BMC lunch time beer cans welded into the voids or dumped inside the doors of cars on the production line?

Nothing wrong with Jap designed cars made in UK (or UK designed Jap cars made in UK) - just like during the war Germany described British soldiers as 'Lions lead by Donkeys' - British car companies suffered from poor management - the typical 'them and us' mentality between management and workers.  Originally Jap cars were rust buckets - The Brits and Japs work well together as the Japs really believe in teamwork, don't just pay lip service to it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 09:02:22 PM »
Originally Jap cars were rust buckets
I had a mate bought a brand new Datsun 120Y in 1977. Its first MOT it needed about £600 of welding done (1980 prices) and in 1981 it failed so miserably he scrapped it. With less than 35K miles on the clock. Apart from the rust, it never let him down once.

By 1986, Datsun was such a tainted brand that Nissan dropped the brand name and started selling their cars under Nissan. The Datsun name was relaunched in 2013 in "emerging markets".

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

No. That was British workers led by crappy British managers, often for government owned industry. I'm the first one to criticise and take the piss out of BL and don't have much time for Ford or Vauxhall either.

But British workers are extremely capable and when encouraged by properly trained and motivated managers they produce fantastic products. I'm pretty sure that the Mk1 and Mk2 were as good as they were because the British team offered advice and suggestions based on their knowledge of the market. The Mk3 by contrast is typical Japanese design. Functional. Even technologically advanced but poorly thought out from a usability point of view.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »

Mine is a GK

Variant 501

Version 2

Whatever that means.
Your VIN should be JHMGK5xxxxxxxx
JHM stays for built in Yorii Japan, (would be 3HG if built in  Celaya Mexico, 93H if in Sumarč Brasil, MRH if Ayutthaya Thailand and so on), then GK, and then the  variant.:
3 if 1.3 Jazz/Fit with CVT or 6m gearbox.
4 if 1.3 Fit 4WD
5 if 1.5 Jazz/Fit with CVT or 6m gearbox.
6 if 1.5 Fit 4WD
Some VIN can be JHMGP5 where GP5 means  Jazz/Fit 1.5 I-DCD hybrid.
I don't know the variant code for the hybrid 4wd.
There should be another variants for some Jazz in India (1.2 16v and the diesel 1.5 I-CDTI) but I don't know this codes (maybe GK2...)

guest7675

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
Im glad that the mk3 for uk is made in japan rather than india.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
Me too!

Tags:

anything