Author Topic: European next generation Jazz delayed until 2015  (Read 5391 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
European next generation Jazz delayed until 2015
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
The latest news seems to be that the European next generation Jazz will be delayed until 2015 and will be offered with a new family of engines. I wonder if the current Jazz production will continue at Swindon until the new version is available.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2013-11/delays-to-new-honda-jazz-due-to-new-family-of-engines/

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
Re: European next generation Jazz delayed until 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:43:37 PM »
The latest news seems to be that the European next generation Jazz will be delayed until 2015 and will be offered with a new family of engines. I wonder if the current Jazz production will continue at Swindon until the new version is available.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2013-11/delays-to-new-honda-jazz-due-to-new-family-of-engines/
Bad news and good news in one!
I doubt they'd do that as moving production would be costly and possibly result in supply issues, not a wise move if you want to keep selling cars?
I'd love to see the 200bhp 1.5l turbo engine in a Jazz :o
Even the 128bhp 1.5l atmo will be a step forward, especially with a DCT box 8).

2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
I like the sound of a turbocharged 1.0 litre Jazz but I am not bothered about a 1.5 litre version, unless it were to be very economical. The new hybrid sounds interesting but would probably be too expensive for me to consider.

Having had high powered cars in the past, I wouldn't want a 200 bhp Jazz, I am sure 128 bhp would be enough for a a car the size of a Jazz. The DCT box sounds good though, I really enjoyed driving my Alfa 156 with its paddle change automated box.

guest1521

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »
I'd love to see the 200bhp 1.5l turbo engine in a Jazz :o
Even the 128bhp 1.5l atmo will be a step forward, especially with a DCT box 8).

128hp'd be great! But only if the suspension is properly sorted for 'settled' UK B-road handling.

In fact, I think much improved suspension should be a priority for the 'base' power engines, too. For me, Jazz's suspension is by some way the biggest weakness in what is otherwise a very strong 'package' for an 'economy' hatch. Great suspension on smooth, even surfaces but on anything else it's too much of a handful... even with 90/100bhp I find it can be pushed far too easily beyond comfort and safe road-holding capabilities. But for 'economy' cruising just 90hp is... adequate. With great mpg.

If they haven't already - which'd be unbelievable - Honda should take a really close look at Fiesta's suspension set-up which has 'front struts' and 'rear torsion beam', too. Though Jazz's higher roofline (for much better accommodation than the Ford) will always count towards more cornering body roll which can only be diminished with stiffer suspension.   

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »
Not suprised, the current Jazz came out in Europe a year after Japan.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

guest3418

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
New engines and a automatic version which is allowed to pull at least 1000kg would make it a attractive car. The current CVT isn't allowed to pull anything which is a shame, the GD was allowed to pull 800kg which wasn't great but at least it was something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
Apparently the new generation Jazz is due in South Africa this September and will have a 1.5 litre engine.  There is one at the main dealer in Cape Town and it has been tarted up quite a bit and looks extremely modern.  Price still to be announced.
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: