Author Topic: My Swiss Jazz.  (Read 14731 times)

guest4324

My Swiss Jazz.
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
Hello all,

Here's my 2009 Jazz 1.4 sport (Swiss model) which I've had for about 5 months. The pictures were taken at the dealer where I bought it hence no number plates! So far I love it, great fuel economy (52mpg), very quiet and massive inside which is essential for the wife and daughter (Lot's of shopping bags!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest4324

• Topic Starter
Re: My first Jazz.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
Saw this nice Mugen Jazz for sale this week in Switzerland but it's out of my price range!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Very nice  8)

Congrats on the new purchase- same colour as mine  :P

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Thanks, it was not easy to find, at the time I only saw two this colour for sale in our much smaller car market but I'm happy I waited.

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
Finally got around to taking a few more photos, just didn't get around to washing it! I've fitted the steel winter wheels now with trims which imo look nearly as good as alloys. I've also fitted a new shorter chrome antenna bought in Germany. In Switzerland we have a small front number plate which I think look quite good. Odomoter is in kms so close to 45,000 miles now.
We are forecast to have snow next week so I'm interested to see how it drives up the steep hills. The road behind my house is 1:5 and a couple of years ago I got stuck there in my last car on sheet ice - winter tyres fitted and stability control switched off. On snow winter tyres are great but on ice there's not much to do other than sweat and pray!

guest4324

• Topic Starter
Re: My Swiss Jazz.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »
In today's hi-tech world I've decided to call myself a "micro-modder" which basically means my wife won't let me do expensive or "pointless" mods. Therefore I've added a few very minor things:
Chrome antenna, chrome exhaust tip, Philips daylight 4 led DRL's (not easy to install with the limited space!) and new trims on the winter steel wheels. Oh, and a long overdue wash.
I bought the DRL's because it's the law here to drive with lights on at all times with either DRL's or dipped beam and they were on offer at about £70 so with the fuel saved they should pay back within 2 or 3 years.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
The DLR's look very neat ;D, as you say they're aren't that many places to put them.
I've thought about putting them in the radiator grill, I have the 2012 face lift grill which is slightly different.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
Thanks, the biggest problem I had was feeding the wiring up without it fouling on the radiator, with a lot of cursing and scratched hands I managed it in the end. The controller and excess wiring are fitted to the left behind the battery. If you're interested I can take some photos to show how I installed it, I am a qualified aircraft eleccy so I am quite fussy that it was done properly! The biggest mistake I made was when I wanted to remove the sidelight to connect the wire which senses when the lights are on. Instead I unplugged the headlight adjuster which is right next to it!  :-X It took me about an hour to reconnect it because the headlight lens had dropped forward.
I had difficulty finding a position for the lights which meets with the EU regulation and even now they're about 58.5 cm apart instead of the required 60cm but I've been told they won't fail the Swiss MOT for that, most important is that they switch off when the sidelights/dipped beam come on.

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
Had a bit of snow this week, about 6" and bl**dy cold. -15° the other night and -7° in the day. It's warmed up a bit now, -2°!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »
How is the Jazz coping ?

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!
 First of all, the car is parked outside but pretty much covered by the roof of the barn hanging over, so the front is fairly protected from the weather unless we have strong winds.
 The car starts fine even in double minus figures, but you can definitely tell it doesn't really like the cold, mainly because of the oil. Engine is a bit tappety and little bit sluggish for the first 5 minutes, after that everything is normal. Guages are a bit misted up and stalk controls seem a bit sticky until cabin is warmed up.
 Driving on snow is no problem, I have Semperit Speed Grip 2 on the front (1 year old) and Pirelli Snow Control 3 on the back (brand new) and car feels very stable, climbing the steep hills near me has been easy.
 I mostly have the a/c switched off and have temp set to 20°c with fan on lowest level, the cabin takes about 10 minutes to fully warm up. If I have my wife and daughter on board and we've got snow on our shoes then I need the a/c on otherwise the windows are fogging up.
 All in all no problems even at brass monkey temperatures!

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
A new pic, we had a heatwave last week and this was so far the warmest temperature I've seen on the gauge!

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 09:38:51 PM »
With your DRLs
What did you connect each wire to and all that
I'm going to get some led strips and put them on a curve towards the bottom

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »
you have to have the drl's turn off once the side light come on ,you can either buy a proper
little box of tricks to do this or make 1 yourself using a 5 pin relay with the following
terminals
pin 30 +12v ignition controlled
pin 85 -12v earth wire
pin 86 +12v from the side lights
pin 87 nothing connected
pin 87a connect + side of drl's to here

here is a link for a picture explaining how it works
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wiring+for+a+5+pin+12v+relay&biw=1920&bih=940&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUiaDN2fXKAhXBuhQKHV4aCQkQsAQIJQ#imgrc=ucORS3G3QggaNM%3A

power comes in at pin 30 and then out to pin 87a for the drls,when power is applied to pin86 the power for the drls is then moved to pin 87 so the drls go out,you can buy this relay for a couple of pounds or go to your local scrap yard

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been working in Saudi for a couple of months and didn't get much chance to check the forum. (Saw 1 jazz all the time I was there, most drive American gas guzzlers as petrol is only 20p a litre).
I have Philips Daylight 4 which comes with a controller. You connect one wire to the battery, one to the sidelight supply so they switch off when sidelights are on and obviously the lights themselves connect to the controller. This part is simple, the difficult part is the access and making sure the lights wires don't foul on anything. It took me about 4 hours and a few choice words!

Tags:

anything