Author Topic: Good and bad points  (Read 4803 times)

guest5185

Good and bad points
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
I think the Jazz is a great all rounder
For me - Best features are magic seats and the range of the remote
Not so good - Climate control and accuracy of outside temperature reading

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Good and bad points
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
First world problems. If I want it warm I turn the heating up. If I want it cool I turn it down. And if I want to know the outside temperature I open the window and stick my nose out. The joys of owning the base model!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »
I don't think any vehicle can give a good measurement of outside temperature, particularly in hot weather. The sensor is usually somewhere near the front and vulnerable to (i) being cooked in the sun and (ii) picks up radiation from the road surface which is extra-hot in sunny weather. I think you'll find that it's more accurate in cooler and cloudy weather.

The magic seats are a useful part of the internal packaging which gives internal space similar to many vehicles in a larger size group: Honda's machine minimum - man maximum design ethos.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »
The brakes at low speed,

Plasma.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »
My Mk1 has that problem too.

Bristolroversfc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2013 EX
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »
Worst thing (and about the only bad thing on mine)is trying to check the level in the radiator top up bottle. >:(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 01:31:49 PM »
I have to unscrew the lid and shine a torch into the bottle. The bottle may be see thru against a bright light, but down in the depths, where it is located, it is all but opaque.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 02:21:41 PM »
The brakes at low speed,

I thought they were "sharp" when I first got the car, not now, they must have trained me well!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
I thought they were "sharp" when I first got the car, not now, they must have trained me well!
I have had my car two years now and they still catch me out, occasionally. You brake, feel they are not stopping as well as you want, apply a bit more pressure, and bam, they are on.

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »
I have had my car two years now and they still catch me out, occasionally. You brake, feel they are not stopping as well as you want, apply a bit more pressure, and bam, they are on.

+1, yes that's what I find,it lets the car down,should have been put right a long time ago.

Plasma.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
Good point is folding mirrors. Worse is the i-shift gearbox-unreliable and jerky.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »
Best...I-shift gearbox with flappy paddles

Worst....In auto.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »
Another bad point (would expect pretty much same in all cars in jazz class & more!) is the bloody plastic splash plate/splash shield...think we all know what I am referring to :-)   or maybe :-(

Found recently when walking towards the car & my attention was drawn to looking under the direct front of the car just under the bumpe...saw it was darker than normal and found plastic guard was loose & half hanging down on left hand side after losing 1 of the screws with large washer (found this after having to get on ground). Managing to get closer to the underside, they are plastic but so bloody flimsy  Why don't Honda & other manufacturers make this part of vehicle 'stronger' & more secure (bearing in mind what it is there for in the 1st place).

Managed to 'nick' 1 of the screws & washers (1 unit) from mudguard and re-secure. Also added 3 more screws & small washers to the very front securing even further to the underside of bumper-self tapping screws. The small washers used on 'cos hardware shop visited only had this type.

So, after 3 days under the car (propped up...maybeeee a lil' precariously...on 2 thick 'bricks') thinking to myself, job doen and that bloody thing ain't goin' anywhere...until I checked from drivers side/seat & looking further under...bloody thing also hanging of the back of this 'front centre splash guard'...that was it...resulted in call to local kwik fit (we were away for a week at the time) explained briefly the problem and day after cracking bloke (as they don't normally attack this sort of problem but he wasn't going to see us stranded) got jazz on ramp, 10 minutes & few rapstraps later, job done...absolutely kicking myself inside for not doing this when realised 3-4 days earlier plastic hanging down as the 3 days I refer ate into our week away! Asked him how much, he refused to give a price & said 'on your way'!

Couldn't accept above and slid a £10 for a couple of pints to him across counter...it didn't go into till & where it belonged...in his back pocket. just gave us peace of mind & for journey home!

Anyway, that my little argument on a bad point...pretty much everything else (apart from the normal costs in wear & tear which I will expect to pay for next year-see other post) has been ticketyboo. Had car just over 2 years, 2010 plate (but also a category C) & less than 40k miles & passed both last MOT's in 2 year have had car. No major complaints yet...save due to my 3 days under car (to me) ruined week away moreso for my wife so will be booking another week away in few weeks to make up...hopefully without any hiccups :-)

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 05:38:16 AM »

... Worse is the i-shift gearbox-unreliable and jerky.
Best...I-shift gearbox with flappy paddles

Worst....In auto.
The i-shift is perfect, both in auto and using the paddles sometimes. But you have to know how to drive it. ;)

guest7898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 11:48:15 PM »
The handbrake could be better (or is it just me?).

Tags:

anything