Author Topic: New Owner  (Read 1343 times)

Testarossa67

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2010 1.4 i-shift
New Owner
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
Hi everyone , just to introduce me and my new 2010 1.4 i-shift in Vivid blue with sunroof .

One owner and full main dealer history , just picked it up this week so still getting used to it .

Liking the room and overall "feel" of it , understand some of the opinions related to the gearbox , but that gets better if you take over yourself as it changes up really early (presumably for economy) and this gives most of the problems i think !!

I am sure i will be posting questions before long !!

John

guest7494

Re: New Owner
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Hi everyone , just to introduce me and my new 2010 1.4 i-shift in Vivid blue with sunroof .

One owner and full main dealer history , just picked it up this week so still getting used to it .

Liking the room and overall "feel" of it , understand some of the opinions related to the gearbox , but that gets better if you take over yourself as it changes up really early (presumably for economy) and this gives most of the problems i think !!

I am sure i will be posting questions before long !!

John

Welcome John
Glad you like your new acquisition, they are a super little/big car unbeatable size for size.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »
Welcome John. From what I gather the i-shift is a bit like Marmite. You either love it or hate it.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:07 PM »
Haven't driven the Honda incarnation of the automated manual gearbox, but I like them in general.

Yes, you can drive them just like a normal auto, but to get the very best out of them, you have to learn a style of driving that suits them - and it really pays dividends if you learn their little idiosyncrasies.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 12:56:54 AM »
hi i have a 2010 i shift 30 thou miles as well done  work on it myself  brakes / discs front/ back , gearbox oil change plugs/ oil filters etc any probs or questions just ask happy to help if i can welcome!!!

Testarossa67

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2010 1.4 i-shift
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
Hi , thanks for the welcome !
Got a couple of jobs to do , last MOT flagged up worn front brakes .
I picked up a set of front and rear discs and pads from Euro car parts as they had one of their regular 50% offers on .
I have done maintenance before on cars and I assume being a Honda it should be straightforward !!
Also the front map lights are both out , I assume it’s just bulbs , will have a look once the rain stops !!

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 04:51:28 PM »
Warm Welcome. I had my 2009 i-shift since 2012 and has done nearly 97k miles. Had issues with the gearbox but thanks to the help of members here, got it repaired relatively cheap. Otherwise great car!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:58:07 AM by 123Drive! »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything