Author Topic: Drivers door locks when you try to open from inside  (Read 771 times)

zorbas40

• Approved Member
Drivers door locks when you try to open from inside
« on: May 29, 2021, 05:28:50 PM »
Hi all,
I have a Honda jazz 2005 and when I try to open the drivers door from inside it locks.
I have try with both keys so it is not the fob battery I try to disconnect the battery to reset everything, and I have also tried to reprogram the key with no luck.
If I press the unlock and open the door fast I can get out of the car all other doors are working ok
Any ideas please? Many thanks

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Drivers door locks when you try to open from inside
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:21:59 PM »
A  long shot, but there is a recall on the Jazz master power switch module inside the door,  the module is affected by water ingress,  I do not know of te exact symptoms, but electronics affected by water damage can have many modes of failure

zorbas40

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 06:58:54 PM »
Thank you for your time to write but I have done this recall

Droneranger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 iDSi SE GE3 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 09:50:35 PM »
Hi all,
I have a Honda jazz 2005 and when I try to open the drivers door from inside it locks.
I have try with both keys so it is not the fob battery I try to disconnect the battery to reset everything, and I have also tried to reprogram the key with no luck.
If I press the unlock and open the door fast I can get out of the car all other doors are working ok
Any ideas please? Many thanks

You could have a look at this forum to see if the problem has been dealt with before ;
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/

zorbas40

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 01:05:12 PM »
Thank you I didn’t find anything there.

Tags:

anything