Author Topic: Warranty  (Read 1014 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Warranty
« on: January 29, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »
Hi. My Honda new car warranty finishes in May together with Honda assist. Phoned local dealer and said that they would  extend the Honda assist (guessing this is only for a year) and put car into “used car warranty” whatever that means, does anyone know. Oh and they will give me £5 off MOT.   TY

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:37:48 PM »
Why not ask the dealer they are the one making the offer?

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
Consumer law states that: With regard to the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with a car when it’s new, Block Exemption allows you to have a car that’s under warranty serviced by an independent garage, provided it adheres to the car maker’s servicing schedule and uses genuine parts.

However, it doesn’t apply to the extended warranties offered by many car makers, so it can be stipulated in the terms and conditions for these, that the car must be serviced by a franchised dealer.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »
Consumer law states that: With regard to the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with a car when it’s new, Block Exemption allows you to have a car that’s under warranty serviced by an independent garage, provided it adheres to the car maker’s servicing schedule and uses genuine parts.

However, it doesn’t apply to the extended warranties offered by many car makers, so it can be stipulated in the terms and conditions for these, that the car must be serviced by a franchised dealer.
He just works at another makers dealership but does stuff at home so hopefully that would be ok, I would buy Honda genuine parts.  The Honda 3 year warranty ends in May so may just wait until after that perhaps.  ?.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 08:25:43 PM »
I bought a 3 year Honda extended warranty from Vertu Honda for £690: £69 per month for 10 months. This included the RAC/AA cover.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:34 PM »
He just works at another makers dealership but does stuff at home so hopefully that would be ok, I would buy Honda genuine parts.  The Honda 3 year warranty ends in May so may just wait until after that perhaps.  ?.

Warranties usually insist that you use a VAT-registered garage for servicing, at least.

Tags:

anything