Author Topic: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance  (Read 7744 times)

ninanina

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2024, 10:45:46 PM »
Whatever you do,  read the brake failure thread before committing to buy a Honda.

Gosh…..I’ve just read about the brake failures. That’s really put me off buying a Honda

equaliser

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 I-VTEC EX Navi CVT
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2024, 10:57:05 PM »
Whatever you do,  read the brake failure thread before committing to buy a Honda.
From what I've seen it's unlikely to affect a late 2023 or 2024 car

You'll be ok as long as it's still under warranty. Time will tell what years are affected but if you change regularly you have nothing to fear. If I had a MK4 out of warranty I would be very worried, the brake issue is a ticking time bomb on those cars  :(

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 07:11:47 AM »

Gosh…..I’ve just read about the brake failures. That’s really put me off buying a Honda

Ask the dealer about it. See what they say regarding the issue, and if they try to re-assure you it is nothing to worry about... then ask them to give you that in writing.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2024, 09:28:29 AM »
It's not the technical aspect which is the problem for me, it's the way Honda is treating the customers.
Of course everyone can make their own mind up on such matters.

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2024, 09:34:27 AM »
Ask the dealer about it. See what they say regarding the issue, and if they try to re-assure you it is nothing to worry about... then ask them to give you that in writing.

Probably no dealership in their right mind will give you anything in writing they:
a) don't know (yet) for sure
b) can't control themselves
otherwise they would probably soon go out of business.

As a new Honda owner myself (Advance - and yes: It came with all the things you are looking for) I'm an avid follower of the brake simulator failure thread!

My understanding so far is, that:
1) it is a manufacturing defect of the relevant part which only manifested itself after some time and therefore couldn't be detected earlier
2) Honda seem to be aware of which batches of vehicules may contain an affected part and so far have made country-specific recalls of the vehicules affected in the asian market
3) The official standing of Honda UK in this matter is still somewhat unclear
4) Some forum members with affected cars seem to have had repairs made free of charge

My (longtime) Honda dealership here in Switzerland was quite surprised about the defect (they have never had an affected car so far) and assured me, that Honda - once aware of the production problem - would meanwhile have changed the production method.

So, long story short: As owner of a MY24 Jazz I'm hoping that my car isn't affected by this problem any longer (fingers crossed!)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024, 05:02:21 PM »
Ninaanina, i second these views. 

If you are thinking of buying a Jazz or Crosstar now, I think you're pretty safe - with a warranty covering you.  As someone said, it's more - WHY are Honda UK dithering and sometimes not paying out for the whole cost of repair (for those without warranties) for what is clearly a manufacturing defect from new? 

My take on this is  - that it will all come out in the wash over the next few months, and there may well be a recall in UK.  If not, then it will probably be a case of relatively few cars affected.  I worry that Honda dithering may impact their reputation.  Some people have had very poor dealer experiences relating to this issue. 

I don't believe this situation would have occurred with Toyota / Lexus, so I'm mystified as to WHY Honda UK are procrastinating.  But the car is generally a brilliant car to own.  It's a shame - Honda reputation for customer focus has already been negatively impacted.

I'm hoping they can turn this around and do the right thing. My own Crosstar is a 2021, and potentially may be impacted, but right now I'm under warranty.   

::)

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2024, 01:21:36 PM »
I’ve booked a test drive for Tuesday

I will mention the brake issue to them just to see what they say about it as I know at least two people on here have used the same dealer for their repair
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 01:23:13 PM by ninanina »

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2024, 06:37:39 PM »
I'm very keen on learning what they tell you.

Never the less: The Jazz is a great car!

Dave T

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance 2023
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2024, 05:48:14 PM »
I am new to Honda Cars (been with Skoda last 25 years).  I have the Jazz Advance registered in May 23 and purchased it a few weeks back for Honda in Gatwick. Ex demo with really low mileage, as new.

I have a part time job at Portbury Docks near Bristol and I drive many brands of  new cars off the container ships as they arrive in the UK. The Honda, Toyotas and Mazdas were in my view streets ahead of other makes.

It was a close run call between a Honda Jazz and a Toyota Yaris Cross, but for my circumstances the space in the Jazz and the magic seats made it a winner.  Now my Jazz Advance  has a massive 3000 miles showing :D
 it has its first service later this week, and I have been really pleased with it.  It came with a 5 years service plan so even better...
So now I am thinking about extending the warranty for another 3 years after the initial 3. There is currently £100 off the price so makes it more appealing. It is peace of mind really with all the electronics in the modern Hybrid...

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2024, 05:31:28 PM »
Now I’ve read of the following problems with the Mk4 Jazz:

Brake failure
Door mirror motors failing
Seat base sides cracking
Delaminating windscreens

I’m really going off the idea of buying a brand new one as these failures are on cars that can’t be any older than 4 years and most seem to have low mileage

Not once have I had a failure in the 5 Toyota’s I’ve owned and none have been brand new. The previous Prius had done 140,000 miles & 17 years old and I only ever replaced tyres, exhaust, wipers and one number plate bulb in the 9 years I owned it; absolutely everything worked on it

The newest car I’ve owned (apart from company cars) is my current Prius at 7 years old but it’s covered less than 32,000 miles. It’s still got 3 years Toyota warranty (8 on the hybrid system) remaining

All our Toyota’s have been looked after by the main dealer and they have been extremely good

I’ve averaged over 60mpg in the current Prius. I get 42-45mpg on very short cold day town runs, which will improve with the warmer weather, and longer runs 65+ so there probably isn’t much in it compared with the Jazz

I tend to own my cars for many years past their warranty period so the thought of buying a car that has issues, even inside warranty, really worries me

If Honda had a 10 year warranty (15 on the hybrid system) like Toyota then I’d go for the Jazz

It’s such a shame because I absolutely love the design of the Jazz and the space inside is plenty for my needs

I think I will either hold onto the Prius or take a look at a new Yaris or maybe Corolla
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:06:19 PM by ninanina »

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2024, 09:20:49 PM »
I assume the Advance is the new edition of my EX Style, as it has all the bells/whistles listed. Does the Advance have diamond cut alloys and rear spoiler?
I think the Advance Sport (with diamond-cut alloys and rear spoiler) is the closest to the Style in the new range although there are a few differences. The Advance is the equivalent of the old EX.

Gosh,
the old EX. I only got mine in November 2022 and 2,500 miles on the clock. Ha ha

Tags: