Author Topic: Re: New members with a Jazz GE....introduce yourself here..  (Read 4015 times)

guest598

I made the same change Nov.2008 no regrets at the moment after nearly 5.000 miles, except the accelaration.

guest436

• Topic Starter
Re: Re: New members with a Jazz GE....introduce yourself here..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
Hello and welcome!

I think I've had my Civic rebuilt over the last three years!

guest895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »
I feel the same as you Troutfly the acceleration on the 2.2 ictdi Civic was incredible especially in 3rd gear. But i can live without the  hard and and bumpy ride and the shiny plastic dash that you can,t clean without scratching it and as yammick says the build quality leaves something to be desired.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »
Hi Rockair8 and welcome.

I had a Civic 06 CTDi Sport from new and went back to a Jazz 14 months later. I mentioned many times about the rear dampers but I was told by two dealers the car had the updated set when built and they had been installed correctly.

The ride is much better even on the 07 Jazz.

guest895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
Hi RichardA
I was also told my Civic had the latest dampers on but after complaining about the ride they agreed to change them.What i did,nt know was when technician took car for a test drive he said the fronts were also knocking and needed changing so good result.The Jazz is certainly a better ride up to now but but the car as only done 115 miles so it,s Early days but pretty impressed with it so far. Great to find a forum for the Jazz.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »
I'm surprised to read all of this negativity towards the civic.  My Jazz is my first Honda and most posts i had read until now had said how good and reliable Honda's were across the range.

guest895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »
Hi Jazz-E
You are right Honda are reliable and have a good reputation i have had 5 Honda,s 2 HRVs 2 Civics and now the Jazz. Its seems to be the latest gen Civic that has the problems have glance at civinfo.com to see problems.

Rockair8

Tags: