Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Cobb2 on Today at 10:16:04 PM »
Jinbeizame - The full price should be no more than £1800 for parts and labour including VAT, with Honda goodwill around £1350 but essentially for a safety manufacturing fault as you have evidence for it should cost you nothing.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 10:08:14 PM »
BTW, Stoneacre has quoted a staggering £2,021.63 (w/VAT or W/O I don't know) for the replacement Simulator before labour.

That's for sure the "Gold" version!
« Last post by Jinbeizame on Today at 10:03:05 PM »

If it is the same part are you just looking at same potential  scenario again a few years down the line…. I have failed to see a post with this, apologise if I have missed it.

As far as I hear from Japan, Honda has switched the component manufacturer from Keisan (京三製作所)to somebody else.  So, no repeat of the same problem, I guess. BTW, Stoneacre has quoted a staggering £2,021.63 (w/VAT or W/O I don't know) for the replacement Simulator before labour.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Hicardo on Today at 09:36:25 PM »
Ah, you see this is what's confusing on the Honda website. 

According to the link already posted above for the Five SERVICE plan, you can Upgrade your FIVE Service Plan to our full Customer Care Package for just £399. This includes a Two Year Extended Guarantee, plus Hondacare Assistance, giving you full peace of mind for the next five years.

I think this clears up the fact that this offer is at point of sale, ie not available to me to purchase in year 3 of ownership. 
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 08:19:59 PM »
My understanding is you can extend the normal 3-year-warranty at any time (within the first 3 years) to the extended 5-year-warranty.
The warranty is not included in the five-year-service-plan!

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre deflation false alarms
« Last post by Peter5145 on Today at 08:12:13 PM »
Anyway, later today I'm making a trip of about 30 miles along mixed roads, so I'll initialise it before I start and see if that makes a difference.

Success! Did a 66-mile round trip on a mix of motorway, rural and urban roads and the warning didn't come on. Hopefully the car will have learned the lesson! :D
« Last post by Hicardo on Today at 08:10:11 PM »
FMIB, thanks I hadn't seen that link. 

So it sounds like today if you purchase a FIVE Service Plan, you are able to extend the warranty to 5 years for 399 pounds. 

It's not clear to me from that website link whether this applies to FIVE Service plans that were purchased today,  6 months ago, or as in my case 2 years and 11 months ago? 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuse Boxes Information.
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 08:08:43 PM »
Manufacturers these days dont want owners to be able to change oil bulbs etc why would they help you ID the fuses.
I would look at the design of the F box on ealier years then attempt top match the layout.

I have been motoring now for 45 years (I know, I'm still a "youngster")  :D and have owned various brands of cars.
Over all these years I never had a blown fuse that wasn't due to my own tampering with the car.

My take on blown fuses is this:
- if I have tampered with the car, I know exactly what to look for  ;)
- if I have NOT tampered with the car, I will have a professional look over the car because there must be something amiss (otherwise the fuse wouldn't have blown in the first place, would it?)

Regarding bulbs: As more and more of the car's light bulbs are now LEDs which are supposed to last a "lifetime" there is less and less of owner-replacable light bulbs.
On my MY24 Advance only the rear indicatiors, the trunk lightning and some of the interiour lights (vanitiy mirror lightning e.g.) are "real" bulbs.

And: The replacement of those - to my recollection - is clearly outlined in the manual.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 07:54:35 PM »
The last 2 punctures I had, decades ago, no bottle of anything would have fixed those

In addition to @Kremmen's thoughts please keep in mind that a tyre once exposed to this gunk cannot officially be repaired and be used any longer!

On the upside: Modern tyres are much more forgiving of normal punctures and our chances are good to safely reach next service station thanks to the on-board air compressor (just don't use the gunk!)
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 07:53:50 PM »
As I understand the situation, the problem relates to vehicles manufactured within the dates previously mentioned and is due to incorrect/wrong assembly by Honda's subcontractor, (wrong oil used supposedly)
I don't believe there is anything wrong with the basic design of the component, so current supply should be fine, assuming final inspection is up to scratch.
I also have Jazz Advance, July23 reg. currently on 7000 miles. I'm very happy with it and would happily buy another one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything