Author Topic: My '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1 (Spec list on page 1)  (Read 103545 times)

guest3040

Re: My '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1 (Spec list added, page 1)
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »
I picked up a couple of bargains this weekend. ;)

A new and unused Spoon Sports Venturi Throttle Body and a 2nd hand Mugen Short Shifter (worth almost £700 in total) which i picked up for just £100!  :D

Spoon Sports Venturi Throttle Body:

Mugen Short Shifter:

With a bit of luck i'll have the Spoon Throttle Body fitted at lunchtime and the Short Shifter installed by midweek.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
WOW!!

Nice bargin and additions there Steve!

Where the heck did you find them? I've been looking and couldnt see these on the bay

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
My girlfriend's cousin is selling his GD5 shortly, so he's putting it back to standard and gave me first refusal on the parts.
He purchased the Spoon Throttle Body a few years back hoping that it would fit his car, unfortunately the GD5 has a different Throttle Body to the GD1 and he was unable to fit it...

I've not driven my car yet but she started and idled fine after swapping over the Throttle Body at lunchtime.
Before fitting it, I made a few mods to the butterfly, reducing the height of the screw heads and filing down the excess thread (to aid air flow).

After fitting the new throttle body, I removed the centre console in preparation of fitting the Mugen Short Shifter, shouldn't be too hard to get it installed during lunch break tomorrow. ;)

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
Nice!

Funnily enough, I've been looking at Throttle bodies but cant find anything for the GE6 :(

After fitting the new throttle body, I removed the centre console in preparation of fitting the Mugen Short Shifter, shouldn't be too hard to get it installed during lunch break tomorrow. ;)

Well if I can fit mine in 40mins, I'm sure you could do it in 10  ;)

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »

Well if I can fit mine in 40mins, I'm sure you could do it in 10  ;)

I had a look through my Haynes manual this evening and it looks fairly straight forward.
I'll get some photos posted tomorrow once it's fitted.  ;)

As you read earlier, I fitted the Spoon Sports Venturi Throttle Body at lunchtime, but had to wait for my drive home to test it out.
I wasn't too sure what to expect from the new unit (as the throttle opening is still the same size), but i'm really quite pleased with it. Throttle response has improved considerably, when you blip the throttle, the engine picks up immediately. Mid-range power seems a little better too, however i can't feel much of a difference at high revs.
I would say it's a worthwhile mod, especially with the bargain price i got it for.  ;D

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2012, 06:44:30 AM »
Any chance you would swap the Mugen with my Buddyclub plus cash? ;)

I reckon they are pretty much identical but I just want the mugen one to go with my theme on mine, and you with yours if your going to the Buddyclub interior.

8)

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: My '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1 (Spec list on page 1)
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
Gary, I'm sending you a message about the Shifters.

guest3352

• Topic Starter
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
Hi Remould,

Just joined the forum today and I have been reading through your updates. I think the work you have done on the car is fantastic. I like the way you have kept the mods subtle (externally) but at the same time the car really looks the part. You have done some work with the Dsi engine which I did not realise could be tuned at all.
My wife bought a Jazz around six months ago (same colour as yours....) and I really like it infact I try to use it most days instead of my Suzuki jeep. My wife thinks the Jazz is "auld womens car", I showed her your pictures and she responded with an "oh aye" which is better than the usual response.

So I am wondering if a few mods may be in order!

Keep up the great work.

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Chiaroni.
I personally wouldn't say that the CF Spoiler and the Mugen Lip look that subtle, lol. I purchased them not entirely knowing what the car would look like with them fitted. I have been thinking that if i end up purchasing some new suspension (coilovers) at some point, i may remove the lip and spoiler to give the car a cleaner look.
I haven't done too much to the engine as of yet, but the modifications have worked quite well. I did a 0-60 mph test the other day and recorded a time of 9.6 seconds. Not too bad considering a had a 3/4 full fuel tank and still had the spare wheel etc in the boot, lol. I think the stock book 0-60 time is about 12.5 seconds...

If you have any questions about any mods that i have done (or that you want to do), drop me a PM.

Steve.

guest3161

• Topic Starter
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
What was involved in the throttle stop modification Steve. I'm intrigued.
Does it get rid of that second gear lag?

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Re: My '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1 (Spec list on page 1)
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
What was involved in the throttle stop modification Steve. I'm intrigued.
Does it get rid of that second gear lag?

What do you mean by "second gear lag", Chris?
Bogging down when you change from 1st to 2nd?
I personally don't have any problem, if I rev it to just under 6k rpm in 1st, when you change to 2nd gear it'll drop straight into the beginning of its power band.

With regards to modifying the throttle stop, if you take your induction chamber off of your car and peer into the throttle body, you will see that the butterfly is not fully open when it hits the throttle stop.
By filing approximately 2mm off of either the aluminium throttle stop or the actuator cam (if that is what it's called, lol) itself, you can make the throttle open slightly more and hopefully increase air flow. ;)

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »
Before washing my car this afternoon I decided to try and clean up my headlights.
My car is 10 years old now and the headlight housings had started to deteriorate quite badly, turning yellow in places and looking as if the top layer is chipping/peeling away in others.

Setting to work on them with a bottle of T-Cut, a clean rag (and plenty of elbow grease), they now look like this...

I'm afraid I forgot to take a "before" picture, but they certainly look much better now.
Glad I spent the time working on them. ;)

guest3161

• Topic Starter
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
It's weird, it almost feels like the clutch is slipping......but only on WOT from 1st to 2nd. All the other gears are fine at high revs.

Im going to uprate the clutch at some point soon, so if it is that then at least i'll know! I think a good service will be in order when i get paid at the end of the month.
I'll have a go at the throttle stop mod. Thanks for that Steve :)

Your headlights came up really well! mine are the same but really far gone and covered in really deep scratches......im in the process of replacing them, it's just a case of finding the mint ones on ebay.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
Setting to work on them with a bottle of T-Cut, a clean rag (and plenty of elbow grease), they now look like this...

I've just done my headlight covers with a product called 'fenwicks' from Halfords,  it's actually made for caravan windows,  worked great on mine (after I followed instructions, it said use a cotton cloth to apply but I started with a microfibre one, didn't seem to be getting any better till I started using a cotton one, then I could see it working - Dohhhh). Polished it off with a microfibre one though,  didn't really take too much time.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Re: My '02 Jazz 1.4S GD1 (Spec list on page 1)
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:51 PM »
I've just done my headlight covers with a product called 'fenwicks' from Halfords,  it's actually made for caravan windows,  worked great on mine (after I followed instructions, it said use a cotton cloth to apply but I started with a microfibre one, didn't seem to be getting any better till I started using a cotton one, then I could see it working - Dohhhh). Polished it off with a microfibre one though,  didn't really take too much time.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the info. ;)
I'll give that a try next time I need to clean them up.
Cheers. ;)

Tags: