Author Topic: Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread  (Read 117582 times)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Garyman's GE6 Jazz- J's Racing/Mugen-ised - page 3
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Cheers James  ;D

Yeah, the Mugen kit was canny expensive but I just had to get it to complete the look I was after.

The N1 was from a Honda dealer down south who also sell Spoon products and heard they had some N1 in stock including one for the GE6. They actually had this for a while so I told
Them I was really interested and asked if the could give me a discount and they kindly knocked some off from an already pretty good price so I thought s0d it and bought it as it would complete the rear with the Mugen lip bumper.

Actually looking for an N1 bung now as conscience of the noise, but it's def growing on me hehe

guest1874

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 04:03:53 AM »
which dealer would that be?? am thinking N1 myself as well to suit my yellow 'spoon' GD =)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
Not sure if they have an N1 for the GD in stock but worth dropping them an email to Paul or Simon on

performance.parts@hendy-group.com

Website

http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/

I know they have an GE8 N1 in stock that they are trying to shift.  I did ask them why they got a GE8 one but they must have placed the order without doing their research lol

guest2898

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
Nice motor gaz, it looks superb with that front spoiler... i don't know why honda dropped this colour, it was very popular and suits the car....  by the way, does the K&N make much difference with regards to MPG/Performance/Sound.. i had one fitted on my 03 civic and it did not make much difference, tho it sounded a little throatier on high revs...

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
With regards to the K&N, I did notice an ever so slight increase in torque but that may be physicological (sp) than actual?

Its taken some some (and expenses!!) to get it to this stage but I'm quite confident in saying its probs the one GE6 in the UK with a Mugen kit and this J's Racing lip- albeit replica

guest2915

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »
Looks fantastic. You've certainly put in a lot of hard work.I love that blue.

guest2898

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
With regards to the K&N, I did notice an ever so slight increase in torque but that may be physicological (sp) than actual?

Its taken some some (and expenses!!) to get it to this stage but I'm quite confident in saying its probs the one GE6 in the UK with a Mugen kit and this J's Racing lip- albeit replica

Cheers, i may treat my ES to one then.... yes, you are probably right! you are more than likely to have a very individual jazz there with that kit and lip... keep up the good work!  :D

guest2915

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
Could I use the K&N on my Jazz? ::)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
Could I use the K&N on my Jazz? ::)

The K&N will be slightly different for your (GD) Jazz but they do have one for your version.

guest2915

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
That's great, thanks. Where would get it from please and what type is it? Sorry to sound blonde but I don't yet know much about the Jazz engine accessories. Now if it were a Mini..... ;D

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
I'm not exactly sure but it could be this one

http://www.potn.co.uk/honda-jazz-fit-14-idsi-092001--pipercross-panel-filter-pp1544_p1646673.htm

I got mine from these guys with some forum discount (different forum I'm on which they are traders)

Maybe drop them an email asking them to confirm which one you need for your Jazz- I'm sure they will be able to tell you for sure.

The guy that I dealt with is called Si who drives a red DC2- tell him I sent you his way and hopefully he will be able to sort you out.

Kind regards

Gary

guest2915

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
Thanks very much Gary. I'll sort that out when I'm up and running with the Jazz :D

guest3040

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Tidy little GE you have there Gary.  ;)
I'm love the look of the front Lip.
Was it Spoon N1 back box that you purchased, or are you using the Spoon B pipe too?

I used to have a Spoon N1 system on my Civic, it's lots of money, but very very tasty...

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »
Its just the Spoon N1 back box- not sure if Spoon did a B-pipe for the GE Jazz but I dont think I would want that anyways as its loud enough!

i think I have posted earlier in the thread that my previous was a modded EP3 CTR and I was never keen on the N1 system for that as it was too loud and didnt look right, but the N1 was the only think i could find and available in the UK to go with the bodykit and hence the purchase.

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
Slight update- spot the differences lol

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Tags: