Author Topic: Honda Jazz wheels warranty  (Read 1406 times)

lesley andrea

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz
Honda Jazz wheels warranty
« on: January 16, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Honda Jazz was 15 months old when we looked at the car in May 2019, however because of the damage on the wheels the dealership replaced the original wheels with new ones for us.  Within a short space of time (within 12 months) the new wheels started to show signs of corrosion.  We took the car back and wrote to Honda Customer Services (sending photographs of the corrosion) who advised us to consult the dealership, which we had already done (bearing in mind we were in the middle of a pandemic, which delayed us going to see about this issue!). 
To my mind the wheels make up the overall aesthetic look of the vehicle, and this has spoiled my enjoyment of what is genuinely a lovely little car!
Surely the warranty on the new wheels should have started when they were put onto the car (i.e. when we bought it) ???
Do all Honda Cars have this issue with corrosion on their wheels ?  I would seriously re-consider buying another from Honda because of this reason.  π

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Honda Jazz wheels warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »
I don't think Honda have a model wide alloy corrosion issue like Lexus had about 15 years ago.

My 2013 Civic alloys are still in perfect condition.

What you may have been given was not new wheels but refurbished that possibly weren't lacquered properly.
Let's be careful out there !

lesley andrea

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »
We were assured these were new wheels and they are diamond cut so should not have been an issue
we are very disappointed, but customer services don't seem to be interested.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 03:33:41 PM »
We had new wheels under warranty on our 2009 Jazz - they were powder coated.

Diamond cuts wheels almost always seem to be a bit of a nightmare - no idea why manufacturers use them, they seem to cause a lot of angst.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 04:46:41 PM »
We had new wheels under warranty on our 2009 Jazz - they were powder coated.

Diamond cuts wheels almost always seem to be a bit of a nightmare - no idea why manufacturers use them, they seem to cause a lot of angst.
I'd agree with that. I've heard of lots of issues with diamond cut. I woud be giving them a really good wash and then protecting them with a wheel product. Check out this link for ideas.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/60553/best-car-wheel-wax-and-sealant-2019

HTH
 :)

JazzMusic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Exec
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 05:36:20 PM »
Diamond cut wheels have a clear coat but not sure how effective it is during a heavy salt season. A slight stonechip can let them corrode. They are not meant to be used during the winter season.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »
Our 65 reg HRV EX had to have it's diamond cut wheels replaced under warranty and have remained unmarked since.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 03:05:37 PM by stiggysawdust »
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Tags:

anything