Author Topic: 1000 miles report.  (Read 11514 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: 1000 miles report.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »
It must just be me but I have never noticed or had a problem with glare in my car, when I mentioned it to my wife who also drives ours her comment was 'what glare?'
Same here. I have never had a problem either, and I was always puzzled when people complained about it.
It's possible that the severity of the glare problem depends on the positions of the driver's eyes. My preferred driving position resulted in my eyeballs being in the optimum worst place. Uniform bright glare is less obvious but the big problem was, for me, caused by the angles in the dashboard area over the steering wheel (see the attachment) which, when driving into the sun, would result in alternating bright and dark reflections between my eyes and the road ahead. This hump has been smoothed out in the Mk 3. It's possible that a driver who prefers a more reclined driving position would look underneath this reflected pattern but if I tried that position then I wouldn't be able to hold the steering wheel.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
I can only assume it must be driving position, I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'3" yet neither of us have noticed or had problems with any glare off the dash even in very bright sunlight.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 12:30:08 PM »
I have a PVD in one of my eyes which causes a floater. When this first occurred the floater was really bothersome as I was seeing it all the time. Now I cant even remember which eye its in.
Apparently the brain ,in time, ignores the floater.
Perhaps I need to train my brain to ignore the glare

guest5669

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
The "glare" on my MK2 is so bad to make it dangerous to drive in certain sunny conditions.
I have to have a towel on the dashboard to stop the glare.
I'm not even sure that this glare is completely removed in the MK3. Its better but I wont retire the black towel when I get a MK3.
Also its worth mentioning that I hate smearing windscreen wipers and will change them as soon as they start smearing.

What glare ? Ive never noticed any glare on mine tbh.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
I can only assume it must be driving position, I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'3" yet neither of us have noticed or had problems with any glare off the dash even in very bright sunlight.

What ever driving position I have used I have never been able to reduce the glare. Only the towel or polaroid's work
I'm over 6ft and my normal seat position is right back and set to the lowest height
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:00:24 PM by edam »

guest4871

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
A bit off topic - but I find the problem is the reflection of the dashboard onto the windscreen. I get this even in cloudy conditions. Polaroids do remove the problem but are not really practical when it is overcast.

I do get glare from on coming headlights at night but that, I think, is more in the nature of the light travelling through the sloped windscreen (at least I do not get the reflection at night!).

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
No glare: I wear varifocals with Reactolite glass.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »
Done 1300+ in my ex and liking it more and more.
With the weather we have been having I wish I had the mud flaps fitted.
I have got over the silly headlights but the one thing that does annoy is that the Honda system will not read text messages, or have I missed something.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Tags: