Author Topic: Tyre deflation warning  (Read 6659 times)

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
Tyre deflation warning
« on: March 11, 2024, 05:43:27 PM »
Need a little help please, had 2 new tyres fitted yesterday and today got the tyre deflation warning.
I知 away from home today but the wife sent me a pic from the handbook of how to reset.
Problem is It tells me to press the home button and then turn the small wheel until I see a small cog inside a black square, I知 unable ro see this cog so I知 obviously doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated.
Ta

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Tyre deflation warning
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 06:06:07 PM »
I think you have the big infotainment screen so see the attached.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

chicksee

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 06:30:31 PM »
Your a hero, thanks very much.

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 10:56:45 AM »
Need a little help please, had 2 new tyres fitted yesterday and today got the tyre deflation warning.
I知 away from home today but the wife sent me a pic from the handbook of how to reset.
Problem is It tells me to press the home button and then turn the small wheel until I see a small cog inside a black square, I知 unable ro see this cog so I知 obviously doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated.
Ta

Bear in mind, that new tyres, particularly side walls, need to bed in.

In my situation, having seen the warning, I think that I would be prepared to drive on, after checking with a gauge, when cold, that the tyres are at the correct pressures.

Or perhaps others know better!

chicksee

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 12:25:00 PM »
I did drive on and will check pressures later, thank for the reply.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 12:27:17 PM »
The safest thing is to stop and check tyre pressures.   If the car still feels ok  I would not  stop on the motorway or other dangerous location , but  would slow down and continue to the nearest safe place.     

But having stopped  I am only human. (hard to believe isnt it?  ;D)  If the tyres all look visually inflated, and its not far to home or a more convenient location  such as a garage forecourt air line   I might delay checking the pressures.   Especially if any of the false alarm 'risk factors' seem likely such as' running in'  new tyres,  recent tyre  pressure  alteration  etc.  :-[  But if in doubt err on the side of caution  ,Newly fitted  tyres could deflate due to a faulty valve, poor bead seal etc.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 02:13:33 PM »
Just a note on checking pressures.
I set mine carefully using an industry type calibrated gauge reading to 0.1psi in order to avoid false TPMS warnings. I went to check them before setting off on a long drive the other day and one side was best part of 0.5psi higher than the other side due to sitting in early March UK sunshine, which isn't all that strong. I didn't reset them because they were obviously affected by the sun.
If possible check them when they are properly cold at ambient temperature when they haven't been in the sun, early morning or late evening for example, and not too soon after driving the car (which heats the tyres). Obviously if necessary check at other times but be aware that you can get false readings for various temperature reasons.

chicksee

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 11:00:54 PM »
Thanks for all your reply痴, I checked tyres this evening and couple were about 1 psi down so topped them up and reset, all ok now.
Thanks again.

Tags: