Author Topic: Missing Idle Stop and Heated Seats in my new Jazz Elegance  (Read 39691 times)

BobM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance eHEV
Re: Missing Idle Stop and Heated Seats in my new Jazz Elegance
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 08:09:57 AM »
From the back page of the brochure "This publicity material applies to the UK only Trade Descriptions Act (1968). Whilst efforts are made to ensure specification accuracy, brochures are prepared and printed several months in advance of distribution and consequently cannot always immediately reflect either changes in specification or in some isolated cases the provision of a particular feature. Customers are always advised to discuss specification details with the supplying Dealer especially if your model selection is dependent upon one of the features advertised.". That's Honda's get-out clause. I guess much depends on whether you can demonstrate that you discussed the specification (and in particular heated seats) with the dealer and that they mis-represented it.

AshimotoK0

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz SE Hybrid 2023
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 09:17:10 AM »
Feel for you over the confusion and hope you sort it out with them.
Personally, I have a Mitsi Mirage (plus wife has Mk4 SE Hybrid) and the Mitsi has front heated seats, which I have never even used other that turn on to check that they do actually work. Just a gimmick in my opinion.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 04:34:06 PM »
I absolutely would not be without mine and the heated steering wheel, use them all the time . Certainly not a gimmick from my point of view.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 06:30:13 PM »
There if you need them, I've never used mine as well

If it's that cold I stay in :)
Let's be careful out there !

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 07:39:29 PM »
I absolutely would not be without mine and the heated steering wheel, use them all the time . Certainly not a gimmick from my point of view.
I wholeheartedly do concur!

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024, 04:13:32 PM »
I find the wheel and seats brilliant, your hands are warm within seconds and can switch off soon, and bum not soon after, much faster than waiting for the aircon and heating. My only beef is when the seat is warm I don't need it anymore and wish the max 3 leds would switch off rather than having to switch 3 times down to 2, then 1 then off.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2024, 09:38:13 PM »
I actually leave the drivers seat permanently on 1, it heats up quickly without getting too hot. On the other hand my wife has it always on as a passenger on no3, and never complains it is too hot.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2024, 08:08:22 AM »
I never thought I would need heated seats or steering wheel, but I like them. My wife loves them . Toasty warm very quickly.  :-*

If necessary I could manage without if there was a significant cost saving  but you still got other genuinely useful  extras .(not just  shinier plastic trim etc)  Not having a reversing camera would be a deal breaker for me , unless one can be retrofitted.   But having experienced the decadent luxury of warm bottom and hands I suspect it will have a surprisingly large influence on the decision, heated steering wheel less so.   :-[.   

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 08:14:46 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2024, 08:34:45 AM »
I never thought I would need heated seats or steering wheel, but I like them. My wife loves them . Toasty warm very quickly.  :-*

If necessary I could manage without if there was a significant cost saving  but you still got other genuinely useful  extras .(not just  shinier plastic trim etc)  Not having a reversing camera would be a deal breaker for me , unless one can be retrofitted.   But having experienced the decadent luxury of warm bottom and hands I suspect it will have a surprisingly large influence on the decision, heated steering wheel less so.   :-[.   

Agreed. The reason I chose the EX Style over the other variants was my previous cars (Renaults) had these little luxuries, so I was used to them, liked them and couldn't imagine not having them. 30 years ago it probably wouldn't have mattered so much.. but now it seems it did.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2024, 11:02:52 AM »
I think it does depend very much on the type of use you give your Jazz as to how much benefit you gain. For example LV has said the heated steering wheel is not as important to him.
I go out every Wed to the pub with school friends going back 70 years. Because I drive I don’t drink alcohol, but I can tell you, when I come to drive home at 11.30 on an icy cold, wet night, as I walk to the car my mind is focused on a lovely warm steering wheel, and how quickly the seats will make me feel warm.
In the grand scale of things on a very long journey these matters are not really relevant, because the car has heated up, but if you use your Jazz for local journeys, from cold often, you do realise the benefit you have already paid for, even though some people think we are wimps…….. I don’t care  8)

Tags: