Author Topic: Whatcar Car of the Year 2024  (Read 11962 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Whatcar Car of the Year 2024
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 06:52:14 AM »
I can remember when BMC offered their cars in a variety of 'badge engineered' versions ,    Austin or Morris depending on your pre war brand Loyalties , Wolseley for bank managers , Riley for former sporty types, MG for current sporty types  and vanden Plas  for luxury . But apart from different grills, maybe an extra carburettor , and posher interiors they  were all the same under the skin.   Manufacturers still play the same game  .  ;D
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Whiteshark

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 11:08:02 AM »
You are right in the same way as car manufacturers have base models which deliberately do not have desirable extras, so you will upgrade. It is called marketing, done everywhere, wine in restaurants, caravans etc. etc.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 07:19:41 PM »
You are right in the same way as car manufacturers have base models which deliberately do not have desirable extras, so you will upgrade. It is called marketing, done everywhere, wine in restaurants, caravans etc. etc.
The LBX is based on the same chassis as the Yaris Cross but apart from that most everything is different. Engine includes a balancer shaft, totally different bodywork and interior, different battery and motor, soundproofing and construction etc.
In today’s world it is totally different and bears no resemblance to badge engineered cars of the 1960’s and 70’s.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 11:11:13 AM »
The chassis  of the LBX is based on the Yaris Cross chassis but it is modified to stiffen it, lengthen it and widen it.  More info on the LBX can be read here:
https://media.lexus.co.uk/the-all-new-lexus-lbx/

Tags:

anything