Author Topic: Scrapped license plate  (Read 4075 times)

Hanszl2001

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz MK3 Élégance 2018
Scrapped license plate
« on: January 01, 2024, 07:07:33 PM »
After my front license plate was dented twice in 1 week in a parking lot by an idiot driver with a tow bar, I'm st thinking about a shock sensor addition for the standard alarm system. Does anyone here on this forum have experience installing similar like this?

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
Re: Scrapped license plate
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 05:13:10 PM »
Dash Cam with a three axis G sensor.

Evidence of the idiot in SC card 8)

FarNorthJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 10:22:37 PM »
Yes -  a dash cam with parking mode feature would do the job,  probably better than trying to fit a sensor that trips your car alarm.   The dash cam will capture a picture of the culprit.

There is a lot of information on the internet about the pros and cons of different dash cams and parking mode options,  but some good basic info is at

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/parking-mode

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 10:33:55 AM »
With an alarm shock sensor you might get lots of false alarms.  It can be difficult to set the sensitivity level where it will pick up a tow ball strike  without also  activating in High winds ,vibrations from heavy trucks    ,even heavy rain drumming on the roof.     All these happened with the last car I had with a shock sensor.  It also had quite a high parasitic drain on the car battery when active   24/7  .   .In the end I disabled the  shock sensor function, leaving just the  basic alarm functions.

The damage will already be done.  Unless you are near enough to rush over and catch the person if the alarm activates  it also relies on them realising they caused the alarm and damaged your car.  And being honest enough to contact you. 

At least dash cam parking mode may give you evidence.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Beachball

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 04:58:45 PM »
Ive been contemplating purchasing a parking activated dashcam such as the "Blackvue" which can be purchased with a seperate back up battery to protect the car battery.(Not cheap though),after i've just forked out almost 1k.for a rear bumper hit and run in a car park.🤬

Tags:

anything