Author Topic: Parking sensor interference  (Read 5349 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Parking sensor interference
« on: November 07, 2023, 10:47:39 AM »
Sometimes parking sensor gives a false warning when stading in traffic lights. Without neither me nor any other cars moving. Just one short warning, not continuous. There has not been any odd warnings in any other occasions. Every time this has occurred, the car in front of me seems to have had parking sensors.

Does anybody know how the sensors actually work? Is it possible, that the sensors from the next car are interfering with Jazz's sensors so that it gives the false warning?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Parking sensor interference
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 12:04:43 PM »
Never had that particular problem with other cars close by. However, I have had a sensor fail and that was preceded by seemingly random and intermittent spurious indications. Even whilst driving along with nothing else anywhere near.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 12:22:00 PM »
Not heard of other vehicles interference, however issues with parking sensors either water/damp inside the unit or over spray around the gap. I'd go for a sensor with water issue.

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:38:20 PM »
We had an elderly CRV which was fitted with rear parking sensors. As the car aged, if it rained, the system would alarm as soon as engaging reverse. I noted corrosion on a few of the sensors, gave them a rub down and repainted when it was dry weather and it seemed to improve the issue.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 05:44:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is no "sensor issue". It's been happening every now and then, I'd say three times a year for a long time. Maybe even since new. One more common thing is wet road. But never without a car with parking sensors in front of me.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 05:09:13 AM »
There have been a few posts on the Civic forum where the new 11G Civic front sensors have 'gone ballistic' when it pulls up behind a 10G Civic

Each post has stated that they weren't too close and no closer than pulling up behind other cars. Some have said they were further away

The conclusion is the way they work and a clash between 11G front and 10G rears even though rear sensors don't cut in until reverse is selected
Let's be careful out there !

Boro53

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Dynamic '17
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 07:54:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is no "sensor issue". It's been happening every now and then, I'd say three times a year for a long time. Maybe even since new. One more common thing is wet road. But never without a car with parking sensors in front of me.

I also think there is no sensor issue. I noticed the same issues when I'm in traffic jam. I've been experiencing this almost from the first day I owned the car. Not very often, but sometimes. I think there are "lost interferented waves" from other car cystems.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:58:02 PM by Boro53 »

Tags: