Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
When this happened, did both fwd and reverse gear didn't engaged?

Either first or reverse wasn't engaging randomly at first for like three weeks, then at some point I went into neutral on a junction and was unable to go into any gear for few minutes. Had to push the car off junction, got a bit stressed. Then it started to work alright next day but replaced the switch anyway.

I'll book the car at local dealership about clutch recalibration. Thank you for the advice.

Good luck and please update us soon!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 24, 2022, 06:47:31 PM »
Today went over the Raticota pass between Bologna and Florence. "Only" 968 metres but a proper pass with hairpins. Part of the Mille miglia route and unofficially a test route for Ducati. Much more challenging than anything in the UK. Jazz went over no trouble at all.With enough battery bars it will climb a 1 in 3 hill with ease. If it needs to climb without battery assistance the engine will run at higher revs than the road speed so is quite noisy and
it  guzzles fuel .as soon  as it can (maybe after only a few hundred meters)    it settles down again. During these brief manic periods it still climbs as well as most cars with this size I.c.e .It's not intolerable for me. I have just refueled at 800 kilometers,having been over 3 mountain passes. Genuine 82 mpg,not fibometer.with Aircon on. Engine off or barely audible 99 Per cent of the time.   I have sized engine braking.Coming down a very long and steep pass is no problem as long as you are not racing down.  D mode gave sufficient braking with an occasional jab on foot brake if it starts to build up speed. No where near enough to overheat the brakes. If I tried to use  B mode when battery full it very quickly used the engine for braking. And engine speed  did get very high and noisy. The  solution is simple. Don't use B mode. Use the brakes  infrequently and as gently as possible should you need to moderate your speed decent. I didn't need to to use brakes any more often than I did in a manual car in a lower gear on similar mountain passes,much longer than anything in the UK.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: tailored rubber mats
« Last post by swhull on May 24, 2022, 06:40:12 PM »
Just got round to buying some front rubber mats from Cox, and I must say they are excellent quality and a perfect fit. Definitely worth the money. Anyone looking at the cheaper eBay alternatives - forget it, these are the ones to get!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on May 24, 2022, 06:16:00 PM »
If I get the battery to 100% going downhill in 'B' I change to 'D' and use the brake, I think the car's happier and there's no energy benefit in staying in 'B' when the battery's full.

When going downhill I don't change "B" to "D" when the battery is full. Maybe no energy gain by staying in "B", but not (or much less) using the mechanical brakes.
I asked the Jazz if it (he?..she?) feels happy enough downhill in "B" with a full battery. It (he, she) did not answer and shrugged.
When I repeated the question, but specifically to the brakes, they nodded and the discs began to gleam with joy.

And now seriously: also in "D" the car wants to charge the full battery, only less than in "B". In addition, you need your mechanical brakes much more.
Nowhere I can find that on a descent in "B" you should switch to "D" when the battery is full...
I assume the Honda engineers are smart enough to avoid damaging the electric drive system and/or battery from a long descent in "B".
There are many steep hills where I live, when the battery is 100% going downhill in B the engine becomes quite noisy so I change to D, I didn't say it would damage the engine in B, also a chance to clean the disk brakes as I hardly use them ordinarily
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Android auto and dab radio at the same time ?
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 05:10:19 PM »
You may have to fiddle because, on mine, Android Auto Google Maps is full screen so all the soft buttons are not in view.

I have to press the Home button,  do whatever, then select AA again.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by Kenneve on May 24, 2022, 05:03:33 PM »
Current total mileage today, since April 21 =  7336 miles, Fuel consumption over that distance = 65.9MPG
Driving style: Mostly 'B' mode except where ACC is required, (which is not often).  ECO = Off

I have to confess that only about 12-15% of those miles are motorway miles and then generally circa 65Mph.
Most motoring is urban/country roads where speed limits are 50mph or less.

These figures are from the dashboard readouts, not really concerned about any errors in quoted/real results, since all my previous Jazz cars have used the same basis for consumption comparison.
Typically, they were usually in the mid 50s Mpg, so more than happy with the MK4 improvements.

Have now turned the 8000mile mark, which I guess now covers most of the Winter period, consumption over that mileage is still returning 66.0mpg, so still very pleased with results.

Just turned over the 10020 miles mark today  and still showing circa 67.0mpg, ( see the trip B result)
It seems that the trip B figure on the dashboard only reads to 4 digits, hence it is reading 20.3 miles instead of 10020 miles.
I've also included a photo of the trip A results for the last 3 refuels, which I think show fairly consistent results.
Still well pleased with the vehicle. ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Android auto and dab radio at the same time ?
« Last post by shufty on May 24, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »
...You can have any audio source available playing whilst you use Android Auto for maps. Just click on the 'Audio Source' button, top right of the Infotainment screen and select which one you want.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Android auto and dab radio at the same time ?
« Last post by alboy on May 24, 2022, 04:52:10 PM »
Hi
Can you please tell me if you can use android auto using your phones sat nav etc and also use the dab radio on the infotainment system at the same time or can you only use android auto on your phone and nothing else.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help please
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 04:37:10 PM »
I've just got one set to 75mph, just in case.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: Aircon use.
« Last post by Jocko on May 24, 2022, 04:34:45 PM »
On my Vauxhall Cavalier, if you had the aircon on, then switched to recirc, it automatically shut the aircon off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything