Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2465 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 10:22:20 PM »
   swapping my 61 plate Mk2 for a 15plate Mk2,the wife and I love the panorama roof,

same colour ,same Model ,EX, 

charged me £54 and £24 admin fee,

this is after being renewed in mid december.

You are going to pay more as the car is new to you, regardless of the fact that it's more or less the same car - your premium reduces, the longer you have owned a car. There aren't many companies that don't charge any admin fees, Aviva group companies spring to mind... other half is with quotemehappy, I think they charged her about £20 to swap from the old Jazz, and no admin fee.

Bear in mind that panoramic roofs are not generally covered under the glass policy, any damage means a full claim on the policy. Ours has one, I would preferred it without - OH always has it covered up, the only reason she chose it was that the best two cars at the dealer both had them.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 05:05:09 AM »
In my experience insurance has never decreased with car age. They always try and push it up year on year.
Let's be careful out there !

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
In my experience insurance has never decreased with car age. They always try and push it up year on year.

Nothing to do with the age of the car, it's the length of time you've owned it that matters.

Of course, any reduction can be swallowed up by general premium increases, but for an identical car, it will be cheaper to insure one you've owned several years than one you just purchased. If you have your details on a comparison site, it's very easily proved by changing the length of time you've owned the car, or try getting a quote for an identical vehicle, same age, etc., but say you have only just bought it.

I've owned some cars 10-15 years, and by then, it makes a substantial difference. I've had this car since 2018, and I'm already paying about 15% less now than when I bought it, same insurer, always full NCD. It doesn't pay to keep swapping cars.

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz HybridHX-T
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

I did Dan expecting a good outcome. Quotes for both of my cars were over £50 more each for less cover! My current policies are AvivaPlus so was amazed AF couldn't compete.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

I did Dan expecting a good outcome. Quotes for both of my cars were over £50 more each for less cover! My current policies are AvivaPlus so was amazed AF couldn't compete.
Hi.
I'm sorry we were unable to offer a more competitive quotation for your vehicles. Unfortunately were can't always compete on every quote. I only wish we could.
Thanks for giving us a try though. Much appreciated.
Regards,
Dan.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »
To be fair, many direct insurers target certain demographics that they deem a lower risk, and are content to suck all these customers in for tiny margins - and even the demographic varies by company.

As Dan says, a broker can't beat every quote out there, but for lots of customers, they can be very useful.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 04:35:10 AM »
I find I have to shop around to get quotes.

I've got over a 50 year blemish free record, never claimed, but year on year DL tried the auto renew +30% trick and each year they reduced it on complaint.

Last year I decided enough was enough and went elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether DL were cross, angry or bemused why I didn't phone in again.

What bugged me with DL was that I'd been asking them to delete my CC details so they couldn't auto renew but they obviously didn't as the auto renew letter kept arriving annually. Not sure with GDPR whether they were breaking the law ?
Let's be careful out there !

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 11:17:49 AM »
I find I have to shop around to get quotes.

I've got over a 50 year blemish free record, never claimed, but year on year DL tried the auto renew +30% trick and each year they reduced it on complaint.

Last year I decided enough was enough and went elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether DL were cross, angry or bemused why I didn't phone in again.

What bugged me with DL was that I'd been asking them to delete my CC details so they couldn't auto renew but they obviously didn't as the auto renew letter kept arriving annually. Not sure with GDPR whether they were breaking the law ?

Standard industry practice. They are not angry as for every one Customer that has left or reduce the price, another 9 probably stayed on and accepted the 30% increase!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »

I have recently had the joy of finding a new provider for our home insurance. They make it clear it's going to be auto renew and to contact them to stop it. I simply used their chat facility once the policy number had been issued and got the auto ren stopped. I have a copy of the chat in my file should it be needed.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need to shop around, but it is how the market works. It just goes with the territory of owning something that needs insuring.

Tags: