Author Topic: Looking to get a MK3 Jazz - Sport or EX?  (Read 4974 times)

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Re: Looking to get a MK3 Jazz - Sport or EX?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 09:10:08 PM »
For 5000 miles a year any increase in fuel consumption is going to cost well under £100 a year, I would think.   The 1.3 GK Jazz is definitely more economical than the 1.4 GD, so the chances are you won't notice the difference even with the sport unless you hammer it.  Insurance may be a more important issue to check, especially if you live in a high risk area.

Good points there, thanks! We’re leaning towards the Sport too now but just want to make sure we won’t get a shock having enjoyed the relative economy of the 1.4 GD over the past decade...

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 09:14:41 PM »
You can browse real world mpg data on fuelly.com. Roughly it looks like the Mk3 sport is similar to a  Mk1 and the EX is better.

Got a feeling Honest John site may have some real world data too. Good luck.

I’ve had a look at fuelly before but I guess you have to take it with a pinch of salt as it depends on how people drive. I figured a better way would just be to ask you guys as most people would normally get a sense that a car is more thirsty than another...

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 09:43:54 PM »
Ex Honest John:

"May 2019
Reader report when attempting to order a Honda Jazz Sport that the Jazz Sport has been discontinued. Confirmed by Honda that Jazz Sport discontinued due to next gen Jazz with hybrid drivetrain making debut late 2019. Still "a few" Jazz 1.5iVTEC Sports in UK stock."

Well that was an 12 month wonder.

It will have great rarity value.
Presumably all the 1.5 engines are now going into the Jazz hybrids.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 04:42:14 AM »

Thanks, did you notice a significant change in fuel consumption going to the 1.5 Sport from either of your previous cars?

No, very little difference. In fact the fuel consumption of my 1.5 is almost the same as my previous 1.3EX, 1.5 engine without climate control compared to 1.3 engine with auto climate control.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »
My 1.3 cvt is averaging between 48 to 50 mpg according to the computer on a 50 50 motorway and town commute
I previously had a 1.3 manual that used to claim 54 mpg

Isn’t the CVT supposed to be nore frugal?

We’re looking to get a manual though.

It’s supposed to be but as I have never worked out a accurate mpg I don’t know for sure. Perhaps the latest models computer is more accurate/ less optimistic I don’t know?

deecat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 sport
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »
We have just swapped our MK1 1.4 jazz sport for a 2109  sport and if the cars fuel readout is accurate it seams very similar to our old car, it is just the grin on my face when driving it that has got wider.!

Pulling on to the motorway from the slip road is a lot better.

Like you we do not do many miles in the car but when we do it is mostly for longer runs as the wife takes the bus and I use a motorcycle for commuting.

cornishpasty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 ES 1.4iVTEC
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 09:22:52 PM »
I wish the 1.5 engine was standard in the UK. It should be. It is in the United States....

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 06:18:26 PM »
We have just swapped our MK1 1.4 jazz sport for a 2109  sport and if the cars fuel readout is accurate it seams very similar to our old car, it is just the grin on my face when driving it that has got wider.!

Pulling on to the motorway from the slip road is a lot better.

Like you we do not do many miles in the car but when we do it is mostly for longer runs as the wife takes the bus and I use a motorcycle for commuting.

Thanks. That's great! I take it you haven't noticed much difference in fuel use yourself.

I've just found out that the cost of insuring the 1.5 Sport compared with the 1.3 EX is only £25 difference per year, so I guess we'll be going for the Sport! 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »
For 5000 miles a year any increase in fuel consumption is going to cost well under £100 a year, I would think.   The 1.3 GK Jazz is definitely more economical than the 1.4 GD, so the chances are you won't notice the difference even with the sport unless you hammer it.  Insurance may be a more important issue to check, especially if you live in a high risk area.

Good points there, thanks! We’re leaning towards the Sport too now but just want to make sure we won’t get a shock having enjoyed the relative economy of the 1.4 GD over the past decade...
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Tags: