Author Topic: Tracker fitment  (Read 913 times)

Beaver

• Approved Member
Tracker fitment
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:36:14 AM »
I collect my EX tomorrow and am considering having a Thatcham rated tracker unit fitted.   Has anyone had one fitted to their Mk.4 and if so, two questions;

What make?

Did it make a difference to your insurance premiums?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Tracker fitment
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 09:47:40 AM »
The onboard telematics always knows where the car is and you can see that in the App

Free for the first year then subscription based. That'll give you time to decide.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »
Anyone with the knowledge to steal a Mk4 Jazz  would already know it has a Honda tracker  , but wouldnt know if its currently activated.   I cant see many insurers giving a discount for duplicating what it already has.
And however expertly  a third party Thatcham system   its fitted  there is  an increased chance of  electronic gremlins.

If the car is stolen to strip for spares  they  will probably have it stripped at a remote location thats not traceable to them before you even know the car has gone.  I,m not sure i'd want whats left of that car back anyway.     

I'd save your money.  Make sure your insurance is 100% accurate. (I have a garage  ,but its cluttered and in reality the car is normally on the driveway overnight  - so thats how I insure it. )

And take precautions to prevent it from being stolen by someone electronically cloning your keys.    Either habitually disable the keys manually  every time you park   , or keep them shielded in a Faraday bag. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:58:33 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 12:05:22 PM »
By purchasing a Honda Jazz instead of (for example) a Toyota Yaris you have almost 100% prevented your vehicle from being stolen.  :D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Beaver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 08:46:53 PM »
By purchasing a Honda Jazz instead of (for example) a Toyota Yaris you have almost 100% prevented your vehicle from being stolen.  :D
So I will have a car that isn't likely to be nicked, but can carry more luggage!   Win/win.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 10:02:27 AM »
So I will have a car that isn't likely to be nicked, but can carry more luggage!   Win/win.

As well as no one will steal the catalytic converter on the Jazz as it's in the engine bay :)

Toyota keeps sticking theirs out the bottom of the car, where they are easy to steal.

Beaver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »
Thank you for the information and replies.

I've now collected my car and asked the salesman about the Honda app.   He said that I shouldn't be 100% optimistic about it as they've had unreliability reports!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 09:30:37 PM »
Hi.
If it's of any help we recommend these. They might be able to offer you some advice.
https://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/
Regards,
Dan.

Tags:

anything