Author Topic: This may interest Jazz Hybrid owners, purely for comparison  (Read 2793 times)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: This may interest Jazz Hybrid owners, purely for comparison
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 11:04:36 PM »
Electric cars won't do much for the shareholders of brake pad manufacturers! ;D

My previous Toyota Auris hybrid did 7 years/60k miles on the one set of brake pads! I saw that they had changed them with the discs after I traded it in.

My previous Auris Hybrid  which at that time was 6 years old and had just over 65k miles was on the original brake pads/discs. My current Jazz just had it's first year service and reported front pads are at 80% and rear pads at 85%

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 04:18:39 AM »
One statement in the latest Honda Engine Room hit the nail ......

With the way the hybrid works you are mainly in EV mode in towns where pollution needs to be reduced.

How very true, never thought of that before.
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 08:32:05 AM »
One statement in the latest Honda Engine Room hit the nail ......

With the way the hybrid works you are mainly in EV mode in towns where pollution needs to be reduced.
But only if the weather isn't cold and you want to use the cabin heating. This results in the engine running at light load (inefficient) and struggling to reach the optimum operating temperature. The problem can be mitigated by using the heated seats (no help to any rear seat passengers) but Honda hasn't explained that the heated seats are there to help the planet and not just a luxury.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 11:46:24 AM »
The heated seats are also linked to the climate control.

With them on, you get less heat from the car - likely programmed for emissions/mpg.

When you turn them off, the car starts up to give you more heat through the vents instead.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »
Never used the heated seats. Had them before in other cars and by the time they'd warmed up my body had already done the job.

In the Jazz with fabric seats they don't get cold anyway.
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 10:05:07 AM »
Never used the heated seats. Had them before in other cars and by the time they'd warmed up my body had already done the job.

In the Jazz with fabric seats they don't get cold anyway.
My Crosstar has cloth seats but I've found that the heated seats help to provide a useful bit of warmth when I've got the main heating turned off because I want to get the engine warmed up or we are in traffic conditions where the engine would normally be off but is running to help provide heat.  The heated seats, however, don't help clear steamed-up windows!
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »
I always scorned the very idea of heated seats and heated steering wheel. Something for wimps.   :P     But must admit I love them.  Those on my Jazz ex  heat up quickly  and are nice and snug  long before conventional engine heating makes any difference. .     And that was in  a relatively mild winter, when I was able to turn them down or off after only a couple of miles and maybe not need additional cabin heating.       I think they will be great in proper cold.

Crosstar owners may never know what they are missing without a  heated steering wheel.To be fair I could live without it , and some have reported their wheel doesnt heat up much.  Mine is just right.    I suppose if push comes to shove I might buy a car without heated seats, but would miss them.   
My wife has been a bit technophobic about learning how to work  the more fancy bells and whistles,  but soon mastered climate control and heating   ;D

I was also  sceptical about automatic rain sensor wipers, but  I'm coming round to the idea.   Jury is still out about lights that come on themselves and auto dip (or not)   ::)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:54:52 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2022, 07:33:40 PM »
I have had heated seats for years and would NOT buy a car without, but I have a reason! A very bad back. Spinal stenosis, kyphosis and spondilolythesis. The heated seat is magic for helping with the pain.
I too poo-poo'd heating steering wheels as only for wimps, but in the very cold weather this year I found that I could keep my HR-V as economical as possible by having the heater right off and the seat and steering wheel heat ON (as both run from the 12v battery. I was toasty in no time. as you say, not much use for demisting though!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags: