Author Topic: Questions around warranty certificate and servicing schedule  (Read 1807 times)

JamieLF

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
Questions around warranty certificate and servicing schedule
« on: April 07, 2022, 01:29:47 AM »
Hi all, new member here! This week I received delivery of my 70 reg Jazz SR from a Honda dealer some distance away (internet purchase!). Technically it's a new car in as much as there are no previously registered owners, but it's been used as a test drive car up until now, with 2.5k on the clock, and so has had regular use by the showroom.

I had a couple of questions that I wanted advice from fellow board members before I contact the dealer again. Firstly, I can't find any sort of Warranty Certificate, that presumably would include start and end dates, amongst all the paperwork. There's a service record, but no certificate of any sort - should there be one for my warranty to be valid?

Secondly, the first page of the service schedule section of the service record has a dealer stamp and date of 22/1/21, and so if my assumptions are correct then under normal circumstances it should have received its first service around 22/1/22 to remain in warranty, however the service history itself is blank. Does this likely mean that the warranty is potentially null and void already since the servicing schedule has not been followed, or should this only start once I've received the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Questions around warranty certificate and servicing schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »
I know car  dealers have special arrangements with DVLA  whereby they are allocated registration numbers prior to a car being registered. ( I was able to chose mine  from a list  - none could be read as something funny or interesting   >:(  )  .     But  as far as I know to  put the car on the road  and use it as a demonstrator they would have to  register the keeper with DVLA.      The first  registered keeper  might be Honda UK  , the dealer ship, or an anonymous financial holding company.  But that doesnt mean its still technically a new car. You will be the second registered keeper.  They will sometimes pre- register cars  that  really are new  with only delivery miles.  Even then the buyer will be the second keeper.   

I would be surprised if a main dealer wont service it prior to delivery  . The car has been in their custody and they will probably be able to account  for the delay in servicing without it affecting warranty.   You might want them to confirm this in writing by letter/email.     I think  even with normal ownership  if the service is late because for instance the dealers workshop was too busy , this is also covered as a waiver.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 04:08:23 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

JamieLF

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
Re: Questions around warranty certificate and servicing schedule
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 07:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the guidance! Turns out that the car was indeed serviced back in August but they didn't include the documentation which I have now been sent as a PDF, so all is well. Looking forward to getting out there and getting some miles on the clock now!  :)

Tags:

anything